Foreign companies intending to produce films in Indonesia is obligated to proceed the following:
1. The relevant foreign company must submit an application to the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic c.q. the Directorate of Film, through any Indonesia Representative Office in its respective country. The application shall have the following attachments:
· Date of the corporation, the crews and their position
· Copies of passports of the foreign personal involved
· Schedule and locations of shooting
· List of equipment, accompanied with statements for re-exporting upon completion of the film production in Indonesia
2. Each application is subject to administrative examination by the Evaluation Team and the result of such examination shall determine whether or not approval to be granted. Such Evaluation Team is a forum, known as the Clearance House, comprising of officers representing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Laws and Human Rights, the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic and other related authorities. In this regard, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism c.q. the Directorate of Film is entitled to issuing the filming permit and providing assisstance during the production, Address for correspondence is:
The Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic of Republic of Indonesia
c.q. The Directorate of Film
The Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic
Jl. MT. Haryono Kav. 47-48 4th Floor
Jakarta Selatan - INDONESIA
Phone: (62-21) 799-3629, 799-1186
fax: (62-21) 799-0230
3. Approval and refusal of such application shall issued at the latest 7 (seven) working days upon completion of all requirements.
4. For the smooth process of filming in some certain areas, foreign companies producing film in Indonesia must be accompanied by an appointed supporting team.
5. Certain areas as mentioned above shall be determinedb by the Direcotarte of Film.
6. Such respective foreign company is obligated to submit a copy of the film produced c.q. the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic
7. For non-commercial purpose crews of foreign companies while conducting activities within the jurisdiction of Indonesia, are obligated to respect the local norms and traditions, as well as to conform with prevalling law and regulations.
Foreign Media Journalist
A Journalist Visa is issued to foreign journalist/reporters who intend to enter Indonesia for media coverage and filming purposes. This visa could be obtained at the Indonesian Embassy od Consulate General at the country where the applicant resides, or, at the nearest country if none. Procedures to obtain Journalist Visa are as follows:
A. Journalist/foreign media should apply for journalist visa in Indonesian Mission
B. Applicant should fill the visa application form provided at the Embassy/representative office and submit:
1. Sponsor letter from his.her News Agency/Editor stating the purpose of journalist visit to Indonesia, places to be visited/covered, and the date/schedule of coverage
2. Company profile, crew list (FORM)and their position
3. Copy passport of every crew member (valid more than 6 months at time of scheduled entry in Indonesia)
4. Synopsis or background information of the story/documentation (FORM)
5. List of equipment (if any) brought by the applicant to Indonesia (FORM)
6. List of informant who will be reference in film shooting
7. Signing statement letter stating:
· Agree and obey all the regulations act in Indonesia, including District regulation, especially the regulation in holy place and national park (FORM STATEMENT)
· The applicant will give one release copy of film shooting result to Directorate of Film, Directorate general of Culture Value, Art and Film, Ministry of Culture and Tourism after finishing their tasks in Indonesia.
C. Applicant(s) will be processed in an interdepartmental meeting every Thrusday in Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Such Evaluation Team is forum, known Clearence House, comprising of officers representing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Laws and Human Rights, the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic, and other related authorities.
D. Applicant(s) will be further informed by the Embassy/representative office regarding the date and time to collect his/her visa.
E. Upon arrival in Jakarta, the journalist require to do the following:
1. To collect Temporary Press ID Card in Directorate of Information and Media Services, Ministry of Foreign Affairs by submiting copy of his/her passport and visa, two coloured photographs (3X4 cm) and Letter of Notification provided by the Indonesian Embassy/representative office where his/her visa issued.
2. To complete the shooting permit, the applicant shoul also report to the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economic c.q. Directorate of Filming (especially for film shooting) Jl. MT Haryono Kav 47-48, Jakarta Selatan to collect his/her shooting permit
3. Film shooting in concervation area is restricted, therefore the journalist/foreign media need a Permit Letter to Enter Conservation Area from Directorate General of Protection, Ministry of Forestry.
4. Film under the sea must have permission from Marine Central Headquarter
5. To ensure the journalist/foreign media can carry out their duty properly in certain district, the journalist/foreign media must involve Liaison Officer (Ref. Minister for Culture and Tourism Decree, Number. KM62/PW.204/MKP/2004 on October 19, 2004, Article 7)
For further information, please contact us as; (416) 360-4020 ext: 2271/2222 (Consular Section)