This type of visa is valid for a limited stay in Indonesia for maximum stay of 2 years period and valid for both working and non-working purposes. The purpose of stay for the applicants of a temporary stay visa may include the following reasons:
- Working as World Trade Organization (WTO) expert with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 311)
- Working as expert in various field with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 312)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 313)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 314)
- Participation in training or research with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 315)
- Undertaking education with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 316)
- Family reunion with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 317)
- Repatriation with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 318)
- Retirement with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 319)
Procedure to Organize the Visa
- Prior to applying this type of visa, applicant must obtain an authorization from the Head Office of Immigration in jakarta, Indonesia. In order to obtain visa authorization, applicant must have a sponsor in Indonesia either a person, an organization, or a company. The sponsor must present themselves in person at the Head Office of Immigration.
- When the authorization is issued, Immigration Office will send a fax or email of the approval to the sponsor and to the Consulate
- For further information on the procedure to organize the authorization, the sponsor can refer to the information available in the Immigration official website Limited Stay)
- To issue the visa, applicant must submit visa application to our Consulate. A copy of the immigration authorization must be attached in the application and submitted.
- For further information on the required documents, applicant can refer to the information below.
- The visa fee depends on the type of visa and duration of stay authorized by the Immigration Office.
- Please be advised that the Consulate has the right to refuse an application and cancel the authorization if any false and inaccurate information found in the application.
- Completed visa application form (download the form VisaForm.pdf)
- Original passport valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia
- One colored pasport size photograph
- Copy of return flight itinerary (or travel plan)
- Receipt of payment (please Visa Fee for information on visa fee)
- Copy of the telex visa approval from the Immigration Office
Visa processing time
After receiving a complete set of application, visa will be processed within 3 business days, unless in emergency situation upon the Consulate's discretion.
Submitting in person
Applicant or their agent present the complete set of document at the Consular Service Counter. Application must be submitted between Monday to Friday from 09.30 – 12.30, except on Holy month of Ramadhan and public holidays.
Submitting by post
Complete set of the document can be sent by using postal service (please do not opt for signature-required) to postal address:
Indonesian Consulate General
129 Jarvis Street
Postal Return of Passports
After the request of visa or legalization is completed, there is an option of having the passports or documents returned via postal service. To do so, please enclose a self-addressed return envelope (pre-paid, registered/trackable) in your visa application or legalization request.