Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days and not extendable.
Requests for Tourist Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate
General in Sydney by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each
person) and enclosing:
- Passport still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry.
Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of
Identity, and Certificate of Registration,Emergency Passport, Temporary
Passport, Emergency Travel Document, etc.) will not be accepted.Check
your passport for blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be
available). Please be advised that we will return your application and
passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or
incomplete application without prior notification.
- One recent color Passport photograph.
- For minor applicants, a statement letter from parents or guardian and copy of parents’ or guardians’ ID
- Proof of permanent residence for non-Australian Citizen.
- Please be advised that applicant with no proof of PR Visa would be
suggested to obtain Indonesian visa from country of origin/country of
- Proof of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to maintain himself/herself during
his/her stay in Indonesia (e.g. recent Bank Statements or Credit Card).
- Tourist Visa is eligible only for single entry. The tourist visa
holder should not enter the restricted regions (Papua and Poso). If the
destination of visit should go to the restricted regions, the
application would be sent to the Authorities in Indonesia to seek
referral. Application from certain nationals also needs referral. See
list of nationals for calling visa .
- Visa is issued min 4 (four) working days from receipt of application
after all requirements provided and deemed satisfy the eligibility.
However, citizens from certain countries may have a longer time (min 12
working days) upon the approval from Indonesia Immigration Office in
- Applicants whose applications need referral to the Authorities in
Indonesia should NOT PURCHASE their travel tickets (plane, boat or
otherwise) before the approval for their visa application is received.
- Visa Fee Aus $ 70 is non-refundable and may be paid only by Eftpost or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard).
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self stamped and
addressed envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum
registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the
applicant deems safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for
application that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most
- Before you mail the application, please remember that the
application must be sent along with the applicant's passport. Consulate
General would attach the visa in the passport. No passport, no visa.
- Also remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used
for visa purposes. Check your passport for blank visa page (minimum 3
blank pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return
your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages
on the passport or incomplete application without prior notification.
- Please remember to address the envelope to:
Immigration Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Sydney
236-238 Maroubra Road, Maroubra NSW 2035
- Visa Fee is not refundable and may be paid only by Eftpost or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard).
Service Hours :
Monday - Thursday :
Submission : 09.00 AM - 12.15 PM
Collection : 02.15 PM - 03.30 PM
Submission : 09.00 AM - 12.00 PM
Collection : 02.30 PM - 03.30 PM