Limited Stay Visas are given to Regular Passport holders, valid for
maximum 1 (one) year stay in Indonesia and must not exceed the validity
period of his/her Passport. Applications for Limited Stay Visas are
subject for approval from the Directorate General of Immigration office
Limited Stay Visas are given for the purpose of: Foreign
Investment, Employment in a Government/Private sector, Education,
Training or Research, Religious duties, Joining Husband and or a Parent
who is a foreign national in possession of a Limited Stay Permit or who
is an Indonesian citizen, for the wife and / or single, legitimate
child(ren) who is/are under 18 years of age.
Requests for Limited Stay Visas must be submitted to the Indonesian
Consulate General in Sydney by filling out the appropriate forms (1
copy for each person) and enclosing:
- An approval letter from the Directorate General of Immigration office in Jakarta. See procedure to obtain approval letter. Check
your passport for blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be
available). Please be advised that we will return your application and
passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or
incomplete application without prior notification.
- Passport must be valid at least 18 months at the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Letter of recommendation from a sponsor in Indonesia
- A letter of intent from employer, which describes the purpose of the
visit and guaranteeing all transportation and living expenses that will
incur in Indonesia.
- Application form must be completed and signed by the applicant. The application form could be downloaded from the website.
- One recent color photograph.
- Proof of ticket in and out Indonesia.
- Copies of marriage certificate and birth certificate of accompanying family member (spouse/children).
- For those conducting activities in religious, research, education,
volunteering or social mission, must enclose the original and a copy of a
letter of recommendation from the institution or specific
department/division that has assigned them.
- For those who wish to work in a foreign investment or domestic
investment venture, or as a technical professional on assignment by a
foreign aid organizations, must furnish a letter of recommendation from a
technical department in Indonesia, the Indonesian Department of Labour,
the Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board, and a copy of the letter
of agreement to employ foreign labour.
- The limited stay visa is always a single entry. However, the
visa holder could exit and re-enter Indonesia multiply by applying for
exit permit to the local Immigration Offices close to where the visa
- After the holder of such visa arrived in Indonesia, they should
contact the nearest immigration office within max 7 days since arrival
to apply for the temporary stay permit (KITAS). Failure to do so will
cause the cease of the visa. Usually the sponsor in Indonesia has
arranged all necessary permit and knew how to proceed to obtain KITAS
and re-entry permit from the local immigration.
- Indonesian Consulate General must have the authorization from the
Indonesian Immigration before a limited stay visa could be issued. If
you want to apply for the limited stay visa, please contact your sponsor
in Indonesia to apply it through the nearest immigration office. If
granted, the immigration would send official notification to the
Consulate General. The Indonesian Consulate General would not issue a
limited stay visa without official notification or approval from the
Indonesian immigration. See procedure to seek approval letter .
- Visa is issued min 4 (four) working days from receipt of application
providing all documents are in order. For visiting restricted regions
need more than five working days or after receiving approval from the
- Visa Fee AUS$165.00 is non-refundable and may be paid only by Eftpost or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) .
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self stamped and
addressed envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum
registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the
applicant deems safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for
application that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most
- Before you mail the application, please remember that the
application must be sent along with the applicant's passport. Consulate
General would attach the visa in the passport. No passport, no visa.
- Also remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used
for visa purposes. Check your passport for blank visa page (minimum 3
blank pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return
your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages
on the passport or incomplete application without prior notification.
- Please remember to address the envelope to:
Immigration Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Sydney
236-238 Maroubra Road, Maroubra NSW 2035
- Visa Fee is not refundable and may be paid only by Eftpost or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard)
- for more information please email to: email@example.com