Journalists who are intending to visit the Republic
of Indonesia must obtain the appropriate approval for media coverage or
A prospective applicant must
complete the journalistic visa application and the following checklist
of documents. The completed application and attached documents should
then be provided to the Consulate of the Republic of Indonesia in Sydney
to be reviewed and prepared for assessment in Indonesia. Please be
advised that any missing/incomplete documentation will hinder the speed
of this process. The Consulate strongly encourages each applicant to
fully complete the necessary documents before presenting them for
Read the instructions carefully before
downloading/completing the relevant application form below. The
following documents are to be submitted/attached in addition to the Visa
A: Pre-application checklist.
- A passport with minimum six months validity and three blank pages.
- Three recent passport-sized photographs (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). Two
of them must be affixed to the front of the Visa Application Forms.
- A photocopy of the main details of the applicant’s passport.
- A sponsor letter from a current employee endorsing the applicant and proposed projects.
- A summary of the intended project(s) to be undertaken in
Indonesia (include details such as timetable, locations and expected
duration of stay).
- Proof of travel booking (return ticket, reservation).
- Equipment list (If applicable, please include quantity, weight, value and a description of the equipment.
B: Journalistic Visa Application.
- After compiling the documentation above, please download and
complete the following application form (two copies for each applicant),
ensuring that the applicant’s original has signed the declaration
within the application.
Download Application Form
- Please also complete and submit the following checklist :
Journalist Visa Checklist
C: Post-application process.
The applicant is then required to submit the
visa application form and the necessary documentation in the checklist
above to the Consulate-General of Indonesia in Sydney.
This information will be complied and confirmed before being sent to Jakarta, Indonesia for assessment and approval.
Under normal circumstances, the telex will
arrive at the Consulate-General of Indonesia in Sydney informing the
applicant of approval after a 3-4 week period.
Following approval, the applicant’s passport
will be sent directly to Immigration to process the payment ($60
payable by money order/credit card).
When the payment has been finalized, the Immigration Department will issue the appropriate journalist visa for the applicant.
The journalist visa will be valid for three (3) months
from this point. The visa must be used within this time period to begin
the intended project(s) or media coverage in Indonesia.
For further information please contact the Information, Social and
Cultural Section of the Consulate General at (02) 9344 9933 or via
email at email@example.com