When applying for a Journalistic Visa, you should
contact the Embassy at first. After consulting with the Section for
Information, Cultural and Social Affairs you need to fill out the
Each form should be filled out and duly, originally signed in two (2) copies, as well as enclose the following:
- Three (3) passport size photos;
- Photocopy of passport;
- Proof of paid visa fee (copy of receipt);
- Letter describing the newspaper/employer;
- Employment letter from newspaper/employer.
Visa Fee: SEK 450
PAYMENT METHOD OF CONSULAR FEES
Please be informed that the Embassy CAN NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT BY CASH. All payment has to be done through transfer to the Embassy’s SEB bank account number 5277-11 204 37 and all applicants are kindly requested to submit the copy of the bank transfer receipt which STATING CLEARLY THE NAME OF APPLICANT, to the Embassy along with other documents required.
- During banking (or internet bank) transaction, please clearly write
your FAMILY NAME or PERSONAL NUMBER on text/ message to the recipient,
for payment verification.
- All fees which have been paid/transfered by applicant(s) through the Embassy’s bank account for its consular fees CANNOT BE RECLAIMED/RETURNED
- Please check the validity of your passport before travelling
to Indonesia. To secure safe entrance into Indonesia the validity of
your passport must exceeds more than 6 (six) months.
- Travel Documents, Alien Passports and Temporary Passport (Provisorisk Pass) is NOT acceptable as a travel document to enter Indonesia.
If all necessary documents have been submitted, the application will be
referred to Jakarta for approval and the Journalist Visa will be issued
in one month. The issued visa is valid for 60 days and has to be used
within 90 days from issuance. If an applicant fails to enter Indonesia
within the period of 90 days, the visa will be declared invalid.
Please note that possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into Indonesia. Permission to enter Indonesia is in the authorization of the Immigration Officer at the point of entry.
- The embassy will not issue visa for ‘Alien passport’, ‘Travel document’ and ‘Temporary passport’ holder.
- Please be advised that incomplete application forms or applications where necessary documents are missing may cause rejection for visa provision.