Legalization of Official Documents

Our Embassy receives request for legalization of official documents for the purpose of official use in Indonesia


  1. Complete set of the original document which has already been legalized by one of the following institutions:
  2. Swiss Federal or Canton Chancellery;
  3. Swiss Federal or Canton Chamber of Commerce;
  4. State Chancellery of Liechtenstein;
  5. Liechtenstein Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
  6. Complete copy of the document for our file and reference;
  7. Receipt of bank transfer payment (the fee is CHF 25 per document).

Legalization of Translated Documents

Our Embassy also receives request for legalization of translated documents for the purpose of personal use in Switzerland, Liechtenstein or Indonesia. We also accept request for legalization on personal power of attorney in Bahasa Indonesia which would be used for personal purpose in Indonesia. 


  1. Original document;
  2. Translation of the original documents;
  3. For the legalization of power of attorney, please submit the following documents:
  4. Original power of attorney to be signed in front of Embassy's Official/ Staff;
  5. Copy of valid passport;
  6. Copy of valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein resident permit;
  7. Passport number and address in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein to be mentioned in the power of attorney.
  8. Receipt of bank transfer payment (the fee is CHF 20 per document).

Submitting in person

Applicant or their agen present the complete set of document at the Consular Service Counter at the Embassy of Indonesia in Bern. Application must be submitted between Monday to Friday from 09.00 – 12.00, except on public holidays (click here for information on the Embassy’s public holiday).

Our Embassy receives request for legalization of official documents for the purpose of official use in Indonesia.

Submitting by post

Complete set of the document can be sent by using postal service to our Embassy through this postal address:

Embassy of Indonesia

P.O. Box 112

3000 Bern 15

Postal Return

After the request of visa or legalization is completed, there is an option of having the passports or documents returned via postal service. To do so, please enclose a self-addressed return envelope (registered/ einschreiben) with an attached stamp of CHF 6.30 (for B4 sized envelopes) or CHF 7.30 stamp (for A4 sized envelopes) in your visa application or legalization request. The passports or other documents will be sent to the address specified on the self-addressed envelope.