This type of visa issued to foreigners who want to stay in Indonesia for a maximum period of two years with the following purposes:
- Work as an expert
- Perform duties as clergy
- Follow education and practices
- Conduct scientific research
- Join husband or wife who holds a limited residence permit
- Join father and/or mother for a foreign child who has legal relationship of kinship with the father and / or mother who is Indonesia citizen
- Join father and/or mother who has limited/permanent residence permit, who is under 18 years old and single
- Foreigner who is former Indonesian citizen
- Elderly foreign tourists
- Foreigner who is in the framework of investment
Visa application procedures
- To get this type of visa, visa applicants must obtain a special authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta. Handling authorization is performed by the sponsor of the applicant. Sponsors can be individuals, companies or organizations in Indonesia.
- Once authorization is issued, the Directorate General of Immigration will send a telex to the Consulate General in Shanghai for further processing.
- For more related information about how is the procedure to this authorization, through the sponsor, applicants may contact the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta or refer to the official website www.imigrasi.go.id.
- To get a visa, applicants must submit visa applications to the Consulate General in Shanghai by attaching a copy of a telex visa authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration.
- Information of required documents can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Visa fees are depending on the types of visa and the duration of granted residence permits.
- Please concern that the Consulate General in Shanghai is entitled to reject the visa application and cancel the issuance of visa authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration if it is felt there is a lack of accurate information related to visa applications submitted by the applicant.
- Filling in the visa application form ( click here)
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Indonesia
- For foreigners besides PRC citizens, please attach a copy of your valid residence permit
- Invitation letter from Indonesia Company
- 2 photographs, size 3x4 [white background]
- Copy of visa authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration
- Bank statement (3 months latest)
- Hotel reservation booking confirmation
- Return Flight ticket