Bali Tourism ready to stretch again. The status of Mount
Agung has been declined from level IV to level III, Saturday (10/2). This news
is certainly a fresh breeze for the Island of the Gods who just won the title
of The Best Island in Asia Pacific for the 13th times.
According to Tourism Minister, Arief Yahya, the decline in the status of Mount
Agung is good news. He hopes this can affect tourist visits. The decline status
Mount Agung itself only applies to a certain radius, and the rest of the
situation is declared normal.
"On this day, Saturday 10 February 2018, at 09.30 WITA, the Geological
Agency determined the decline of Mount Agung's status. Thus, all refugees can
return to their residence and tourist activities are declared completely safe,
"said Arief Yahya.
Good news also came from tourists from China who continue to come to Bali's
destinations. The tourists without hesitation come for the weekend, as well as
celebrating the holiday of Lunar New Year on the Island of the Gods.
"Welcoming the Lunar New Year, next week, the visit of foreign tourists
from China continues and occupy the hotels in Bali," said Minister.
Based on the collected data, three major agents in Bali, such as Tjendana
Mandala Sakti (TMS), get a definitive booking of 6,000 Pax, while 15,000 Pax
are on process. While the definitive reservation for the Lunar New Year from
Jetwing, as much as 4000 Pax. So far 15,000 foreign tourists from China who
will celebrate Lunar New Year in Bali.
The high visit of Chinese tourists cannot be separated from the hard work of
Minister Arief Yahya who did a working visit to China on 23 January. In his
working visit, Minister also held a meeting with seven companies engaged in the
In China, the minister meets Alitrip, Baidu, Tuniu, Qunar, Tongcheng, EBTC, and
the chartering company of a tour aircraft to Indonesia. The goal is to inform
that Bali is safe for tourists to visit.
Minister also invite Chinese citizens to travel to Indonesia, including to
Bali. "Please celebrate Lunar New Year in a beautiful place and 2017
TripAdvisor's world number one destination," he continued.
this is also conveyed by Vinsensius Jemadu, Director for Marketing Development
II Regional I (China). According to him, Minister’s working visits with travel
agents and the media further reinforce Bali is normal and can be visited by
"The strategic steps that we have undertaken to continue to tempt China
market. Minister’s working visit is proof of our seriousness. We will prepare
everything to the maximum," said the man who used to be called VJ.
In advance, The Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Ignatius Jonan said
the observations in Mount Agung were done around the past month. "From the
observation of volcanic activity of Mount Agung during the last one month, the
Center of Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation recommends to reduce
the status of Mount Agung," said Ignatius Jonan at Monitoring Post of
Mount Agung, Rendang Village, Karangasem.
Minister Jonan added that the with radius of danger zone of Mount Agung has
also been lowered to four kilometers from peak of a crater of Mount Agung.
"So, this status remains in a radius of four kilometers, before it's a
radius of six kilometers now down to four kilometers," he added.
From the evaluation of Mount Agung's activity on February 10, 2018, in the last
one month the frequency of eruption has decreased. Mount Agung eruption
occurred on January 24, 2018. The maximum height of the eruption in the last
month is 2,500 meters from the peak has occurred on January 19, 2018.
"The volume of lava dome on the surface of the crater does not change
significantly, that is about 20 million cubic meters has decreased, the amount
of seismic in general decreased within a month," he said.
source: Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia
foto by ANTARA News.