This type of visa is valid for single entry only with a maximum period of stay for 60 days. This visa is applied to those who will visit Indonesia for the purpose of official government activities, tourism, social and cultural activities, sport, business and commercial activities, family visit, journalistic activities, or transit. Please note that this visa is not valid for paid working purpose.
Please also note that for journalistic and film/ video making activities, applicant must obtain a special permit prior to applying for a visa. Please contact the Information and Social Culture Section of the Embassy through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed visa application form
- Original passport valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia
- Copy of recent bank statement
- One colored passport size photograph
- Copy of return flight itinerary (or travel plan)
- Receipt of payment
- Invitation letter (only if required):
- For business, conference, or meeting purposes, please attach an invitation or reference letter from the US based company or institution and an invitation letter from the Indonesia based partner company or institution
- For social or family visit, please attach an invitation letter from Indonesia based family or friend
- For internship and non-profit activity (volunteering), please attach an invitation or reference letter from the Indonesian based company/ organization/ other local partner.
Submitting in person
Applicant or their agent present the complete set of document at the Consular Service Counter at the Consulate General of Indonesia in San Francisco. Application must be submitted between Monday to Friday from 09.00 – 12.00, except on public holidays (click here for information on the Embassy’s public holiday).
Submitting by post
Complete set of the document can be sent by using postal service to our Consulate through this postal address:
Consulate General of Indonesia
1111 Columbus Avenue
San Francisco, Ca 94133
Postal Return of Passports
After the request of visa or legalization is completed, there is an option of having the passports or documents returned via postal service. To do so, please enclose a self-addressed return envelope with an attached stamp in your visa application or legalization request. The passports or other documents will be sent to the address specified on the self-addressed envelope.