Foreigners who are planning to stay in Indonesia for Journalist purpose is required to submit :
- Complete a Visa Application Form at https://consular.embassyofindonesia.org
- Letter of intent from Company or editor regarding the purpose of the visit, filming locations and exact filming schedule.
- Company Profile along with a list of crew members with their positions that will be traveling to Indonesia.
- A copy of passport for each crew members that will be traveling to Indonesia
- 2 copies of recent passport photos for each members that will be traveling to Indonesia
- Synopsis or Information regarding the film or documentary itself.
- List of Equipment that will be brought to Indonesia.
- Submit checklist items (in separate pages with company header) from one of the following depending on your purpose of visit:
- For News Coverage
- For Foreign Correspondent
- For Filming
- Statement Letter and complete background information from local fixer/local partner in Indonesia that you will be working with. This person or company must be based or from Indonesia.
- Sign a statement letter from each crew member saying that they will abide by every rule and regulation in Indonesia, especially at sacred locations and national parks. click here
- Based on your purpose of activities, you may be required to apply to follow up the following actions. Depending on your case, it is advisable to apply ahead of time:
For film and video shooting, you must obtain a Film and Video Shooting Permit once you arrive in Indonesia, at:
Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal (BKPM)
Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto No.44
The Consulate General will process Journalist Visa application after receiving an official Visa Authorization or formal approval from the Directorate General of Immigration.
For further inquiries regarding the Journalist Visa Application, Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org