Researcher(s) from other countries are welcome to carry out research activities in Indonesia. All foreign researchers doing research in Indonesia must obtain an official permit from the Indonesian authority in advance.
Please note that the Consulate General will not process a research visa application without an official notification or a formal approval from the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and Technology (Ristek), and the Directorate General of Immigration.
- Recommendation Letter from Indonesian Consulate General in San Francisco that you will use to apply for Ristek permit.
- Complete a Visa Application Form at https://consular.embassyofindonesia.org
- Letter of intent from applicant and detailed research schedule.
- Research abstract.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- A copy of passport for each person that will be traveling to Indonesia
- 2 copies of recent passport photos for each person that will be traveling to Indonesia
- List of Equipment that will be brought to Indonesia.
- Statement Letter from local partner or University in Indonesia
- At least 3 (three) Recommendation Letters from your university.
- Statement of Funding informing how the research will be funded.
All foreign research application must be applied online at http://frp.ristek.go.id/. However, should you encounter any problem with the online system, please send your application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Secretariat of Foreign Research Permit,
Ministry of Higher Education and Research and Technology (Ristek)
2nd BPPT Bld. (8th floor)
Jl. M.H Thamrin 8
Jakarta 10340, INDONESIA
Tel : +62 21 316 9293
Fax : +62 21 398 36180
In order to get Recommendation Letter from the Indonesian Consulate, kindly submit all required documents on points 2 to 10 above to:
Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia
1111 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133
Tel : (415)474-9571
Fax : (415) 414-4320
For further inquiries regarding the Research Visa Application, Please contact us at email@example.com