The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia is pleased to announce that the Indonesian Government has offered the scholarship for master and bachelor degree in the various areas of study at prominent Indonesian universities for the academic year of 2014-2015.
The study will be hosted by 13 prominent Indonesian universities. The areas of study include Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Multi Disciplinary Studies and other Sciences.
The scholarship will be covering:
1. Settlement allowance of IDR 1.000.000,- (one million Indonesian Rupiah), or equivalent to USD 90,- will be given upon arrival in Indonesia;
2. While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory program, the student will receive IDR 1.850.000,- (one million eight hundred five thousand), or equivalent to USD 168,- monthly;
3. During the master program, the student will receive IDR 2.600.000,- (two million six hundred thousand), or equivalent to USD 236,- monthly;
4. The scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 36 months period of study for Master program;
5. A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
6. A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200.000 (two hundred million), or equivalent to USD 18,- monthly;
7. Other expenses beside those mentioned above will be borne by the student.
The candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Has maximum age of 35 years old, whether for bachelor or master program;
2. Posses a senior high school certificate for bachelor degree and a bachelor degree certificate for master program, as well the school and academic transcripts;
3. Has Yemeni passport;
4. Has 2 recommendation letters from 2 teachers for bachelor program and 2 academic recommendation letters from 2 professors at the university for master program;
5. Has a certificate of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with minimum score of 500 or equivalent certificates such as IELTS/EAP to determine level of English language, whether for bachelor or master program. International or local Certificates of TOEFL are acceptable;
6. Has a Medical Statement from any official hospitals that states in good health and free from infectious diseases;
7. Has nomination/recommendation letter from government institutions such as ministries and its office, or any Yemeni Government institutions;
8. Signs a statement letter provided by the Embassy that will be ready to take the scholarship if accepted or the permission from job institution during the period of study;
9. Nomination letter from the Indonesian Embassy in Sana’a.
All documents must be in English language, in case they are not in English, please translate them into English at official translation offices in Yemen.
The candidates must bring all the required documents as mentioned above (original documents and copies of each document) to the Indonesian Embassy in Sana’a in a maximum period before 10 April 2014, to acquire the nomination letter from the Embassy.
The Embassy will not issue the nomination letter for the candidates, if they do not fulfill the aforementioned requirements.
After obtaining the nomination letter from the Embassy, the candidates must complete the online application process with scanned documents at:
before 15 April 2014. The selection result will be published in the scholarship’s website (www.knb.dikti.go.id) and the Indonesian Embassy publication. All applicants will be shortlisted by the Indonesian Committee in Jakarta.
Any information about scholarship such as Guidance Book of Scholarship, Guidance for filling the Online Application Form and Indonesia at Glance, please download at the website: www.knb.dikti.go.id .
For more information, please contact the Indonesian Embassy in Sana’a during office hours at number: 427210 / 427211 or visit the website: