LIMITED STAY VISA
This kind of visa is given to foreigners who want to stay longer (maximum 2 years) in Indonesia for certain purposes as follows :
- Working as an expert or specialist;
- Working as a spiritual leader;
- Working in non-permanent construction project;
- Participating in education and training;
- Making film with special authorization from the related institutions;
- Doing an inspection, audit or quality control;
- Conducting scientific research;
- Joining the ship or vessel of floating installation operating in the Indonesian waters;
- Joining husband or wife holder of limited stay visa;
- Joining father or mother who is still Indonesian citizen;
- Joining father and/or mother whose limited stay permit or permanent stay permit for children under the age of 18 and not yet married;
- Marrying Indonesian citizen;
- Touristic visit for senior citizens;
The Visa Procedures :
- The guarantor or sponsor apply visa at the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta.
- The sponsor makes payment (telex fee payment).
- If the visa application is approved, the sponsor will obtain a copy of visa approval letter and another copy will be sent to the Indonesian Embassies/Consulates abroad.
- The foreigner proceed to the Embassy/Consulate to get the visa issued.
- The foreigner submit visa application at the Indonesian Embassy in Rome.
- The foreigner makes payment.
- The Embassy forwards the visa application to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta for attaining approval.
- If granted, the Embassy will issue the visa.
The required documents :
- Completed visa application (Form Visa English Version 2018.pdf)
- Passport with validity of minimum 6 months upon arrival in Indonesia
- For those who are not citizens of Italy, Malta, Cyprus and San Marino, must attach valid residential permit
- Two current photos (4x6 cm)
- Copy of flight itinerary
- Copy of visa authorization approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta
Important notes :
1. The applicant may come to the Embassy to submit directly the passport and visa application or send them through respectful agent or post to the address below :
Consular Section of the Indonesian Embassy in Rome
Via Campania 55, 00187 Roma
2. The Embassy has the right to refuse any visa application that is considered doubtful, inaccurate or does not meet Indonesian laws.
3. Please be aware that when a holder of Limited Stay Visa arrives in Indonesia, he/she should report to the Immigration Office, maximum 30 (thirty) days from the arrival date, to obtain a Limited Stay Permit Card, which is valid as a legitimate stay permit in Indonesia.