Visa Exemption Facility
Visa exemption facility (Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 21 Year 2016 concerning Exemption of Visitor Visa) allows citizen from 169 countries including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland to enter Indonesia and stay up for 30 days (non-extendable) and strictly for leisure, tourism, family, social, art and culture, government visit, to give lecture or to attend seminar, to attend a meeting held by head office or representative office in Indonesia, or to continue journey to another country.
Visitors should be in possession of valid passport with minimum of 6 months validity and a return or an onward journey ticket at the time of arrival.
There are several Immigration Checkpoints (TPI/Tempat Pemeriksaan Imigrasi) which act as entry and exit points for foreigners with visa exemptions (Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia Regulation No. 17 Year 2016 on Immigration Checkpoints (TPI), Requirements, and Purpose of Visit for Foreigners with Visit Visa Exemption). The list of Immigration Checkpoints can be found through this following link: http://imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/layanan-publik/bebas-visa#immigration-checkpoint.
Indonesian visa for diplomatic/service passport holder
Diplomatic/service/official passport holder from South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, and Swaziland can also use visa exemption facility strictly for the above-mentioned purposes.
As for diplomatic/service/official passport holder who will assume duty/assignment/posting in Indonesia, visa is needed prior to arrival in Indonesia, including the accompanying family. There are several requirements that need to be completed such as: 1) note verbale; 2) completed application forms; 3) 2 (two) recent colour photographs passport size; 4) flight details/itinerary; 5) statement letter from the Embassy in Indonesia (for posting purpose); 6) statement letter from the Embassy in South Africa (for posting purpose); 7) invitation letter from counterpart in Indonesia; 8) original passport (valid for more than 6 (six) months, minimum 3 (three) empty pages on the passport).
Other Type of Visa (see visa Application requirement)
- For 30 days or more, applicants must apply beforehand and the cost of visa in South Africa is R725 (EFT Only)
- The Indonesian visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the date of issuance. The period of stay for visas is calculated from the day of arrival.
- Any other type of visa such as work / multiple entry can only be issued once it has been approved by the Indonesian immigration, other nationality would need to contact the Embassy at +27-12-342-3350, email: visa.indonesia.pretoria@gmail. com / email@example.com .
- Please consult with the Embassy or Consulate regarding the visa fee before making a payment and there will be no refund.
VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Original passport must be valid more than 6 months upon to arrival date. NO EXCEPTION
- Min. 3 empty pages on the passport.
- 2 (two) application forms to be filled in (please write down also your email address and cell phone number on the first page). The form can be downloaded here
- 2 (two) recent colour photographs 4x6 size, WHITE BACKGROUND.
- Flight details/itinerary and return ticket.
- Proof of residence, recent 3 months (i.e: water or electricity account).
- Copy of permanent residence or South Africa ID (For non-South Africa/Lesotho/Swaziland/Botswana Passport Holder).
- Proof of accommodation in Indonesia (i.e: hotel bookings).
- 3 (three) months bank statement (minimum balance R 10.000).
- Invitation letter and copy ID from counterpart in Indonesia (For Business & Social only).
- Letter of employment from country of origin.
- Letter of authorization from Directorate General of Immigration in Indonesia (For Limited Stay Visa/Work Permit, Multiple Entry Visa and anyone who wants to live in Indonesia more than 60 days and 11 Passport Holder from 11 Country That Require Approval of Visa)
- All Visa will take 4 working days to be finished (NO EXCEPTION) and expired in 3 months from the date issued, make sure that you apply on the right time.
- Indonesian Embassy will start to process the visa when ALL THE REQUIREMENT in our hand.
All fees are to be paid through the bank with the proof of deposit slip.
|Account Name||:||Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia|
|Bank||:||First National Bank / FNB Branch|
|Deposit Reference||:||Initial & Surname of Passport Holder|
Please make correct payment as no refund will be given
- Monday – Friday 09:00 – 12:00
- Indonesian Embassy is closed on South Africa & Indonesia holiday.
- For more info please contact us: 949 Francis Baard Street, Hatfield, Pretoria 0082 ' +27 (12) 342 3350 7 +27 (12) 342 3369 firstname.lastname@example.org
Travelling to Papua
All visitors, regardless of their nationality, who wish to travel to Papua Province, must obtain a special permit from the Indonesian Immigration Office, and also the State Police department in the capital city of Jakarta before entering these areas.
The Embassy/Consulate generals must be advised of the intention to visit restricted regions. Please also note that applicants who wish to enter restricted regions may also have to wait longer.