Film, Video, Commercials, Documentary and Reality Show Shooting
Media/journalist/production house planning to conduct (i) news coverage; (ii) Foreign Correspondent deployment; or (iii) Shooting of film/documentary/reality show/commercials in Indonesia must apply for Media/Journalist Visa.
Before applying visa, media/journalist/production house shall acquire Journalistic Visit Permit from the relevant authority in Indonesia whose application must be submitted through the Consulate General 3 weeks prior to the intended travelling schedule.
Video/Film Shooting Permit requirements:
1. Sponsor letter from employer stating:
a. Purpose of visit
b. Places to be visited/covered
c. Date/schedule of filming
2. Application form for film/video shooting permit in Indonesia
3. A brief company profile
4. List of crew(s) travelling and their position(s)
5. Personal history of applicants
6. Copy passport of applicants (must be valid min. 6 months during arrival in Indonesia)
7. Tentative agenda in Indonesia
8. Synopsis or background information of the story/documentation
9. List of equipments (if any)
10. Profile of local partner/fixer/coordinator (must have license issued by Film Development Center, Ministry of Education and Culture)
11. Statement letter
(Application documents template for Filmmaking/shooting can be downloaded here Application-Documents-Shooting Filming-2018.xls)
(Guide of Shooting/filming in Indonesia can be downloaded here Guide for Filming-Shooting in Indonesia.pdf)
Visa application requirements:
- A completed and signed visa application form Visa-Application-Form ビサ申請書.pdf
- Passport (original and copy) with minimum validity of 6 months (12 months of travel document validity for a stateless applicant)
- Letter of guarantee from a guarantor (local partner) during stay in Indonesia
- Proof/evidence demonstrating the financial capability to cover expenses during stay in Indonesia (minimum US$ 1,500,-)
- Return ticket or onward ticket to continue travelling to other destination country.
- 2 recent photographs (within the past 6 months) in color and size of 4 cm (width) x 6 cm (length) with white background.
- Visa fee ¥ 5,700/applicant as well as additional ¥2,800 (legalization of equipments list) and ¥800 (Telex fee).
- Recommendation letter from relevant authority in Indonesia (please consult with your local partner/mixer/stringer).
- Copy of Alien Registration Card and Re-entry permit (for non-Japanese only)
Visa application fee shall be paid through transfer to the following account:
Account Name: Zai Osaka Indonesia Kyouwakoku Souryoujikan
Account number: 00970-4-257046
振込先 : 在大阪インドネシア共和国総領事館
郵便口座番号 : 00970-4-257046 (振り込み書が必要になります）
Note: transfer receipt must be presented when picking up the visa