Permit and Visa for Foreign Correspondence in Indonesia
Media/journalist/production house planning to conduct (i) news coverage; (ii) Foreign Correspondent deployment; or (iii) Shooting of film/documentary/reality show/commercials in Indonesia must apply for Media/Journalist Visa.
Before applying visa, media/journalist/production house shall acquire Media/Journalistic Visit Permit from the relevant authority in Indonesia whose application must be submitted through the Consulate General 3 weeks prior to the intended travelling schedule.
Foreign Correspondence visit permit requirements:
1. Sponsor letter from employer stating:
a. Purpose of employment
b. Employment period
c. Permanent/temporary address of the correspondent in Indonesia
2. A brief company profile
3. CV of the correspondent
4. Copy of passports (min. validity of 6 months during arrival in Indonesia) of correspondent and its family members (if any)
5. Recent color photograph of correspondent and its family members (passport size)
6. List of family members (if any)
7. Office address in Indonesia
8. List of other correspondents and their position in Indonesia
9. List of equipments (if any)
10. Statement letter stating: agree and obey all relevant national and local regulations regulating holy places, national parks, and other intended places.
11. Recent sample of works on Indonesia
(Application documents template for Foreign Correspondent can be downloaded here Application-Documents-Foreign Correspondence-2018.xls)
Visa application requirements:
1. A completed and signedVisa-Application-Form ビサ申請書.pdf
2. Passport (original and copy) with minimum validity of 6 months (12 months of travel document validity for a stateless applicant)
3. Letter of guarantee from a guarantor in Indonesia
4. Proof/evidence demonstrating financial capability to cover expenses during stay in Indonesia (minimum US$ 1,500,-)
5. Return ticket or onward ticket to continue travelling to other destination country.
6. 2 recent color photographs (within the past 6 months) in size of 4 cm (width) x 6 cm (length) with white background.
7. Visa fee ¥ 5,700/applicant as well as additional ¥2,800 (legalization of equipments list) and ¥800 (Telex fee).
8. Recommendation letter from relevant authority in Indonesia (please consult with your local partner/fixer/stringer).
9. Copy of Alien Registration Card and Re-entry permit (for non-Japanese only)
Visa application fee shall be paid through transfer to the following account:
Account Name: Zai Osaka Indonesia Kyouwakoku Souryoujikan
Account number: 00970-4-257046
振込先 : 在大阪インドネシア共和国総領事館
郵便口座番号 : 00970-4-257046 (振り込み書が必要になります）
Note: transfer receipt must be presented when picking up the visa