Permit and Visa for News Coverage in Indonesia
Media/journalist/production house planning to conduct (i) news coverage; (ii) Foreign Correspondent deployment; or (iii) Shooting of film/documentary/reality show/commercials in Indonesia must apply for Media/Journalistic Visa.
Before applying visa, media/journalist/production house shall acquire Media/Journalistic Visit Permit from the relevant authority in Indonesia whose application must be submitted through the Consulate General 3 weeks prior to the intended travelling schedule.
News coverage permit requirements:
1. Sponsor letter from employer stating:
a. Purpose of journalist visit
b. Places to be visited/covered
c. Date/schedule of coverage
2. A brief company profile
3. List of crew(s) travelling and their position(s)
4. List of equipment(s)
5. List of interviewee (if any) and approval letter from the interviewee (if any)
6. Name, address and contact number of local partner/media colleague in Indonesia (if any; *must be an Indonesian citizen)
7. Statement letter stating: agree and obey all relevant national and local regulations regulating holy places, national parks, and other intended places.
8. Recent sample of works on Indonesia
(Permit application documents template for News Coverage can be downloaded here:Application-Documents-News Coverage-2018.xls)
Visa application requirements:
1. A completed and signed visa application form Visa-Application-Form ビサ申請書.pdf
2. Passport (original and copy) with minimum validity of 6 months (12 months of travel document validity for a stateless applicant)
3. Letter of guarantee from a guarantor (local partner) in Indonesia
4. Proof/evidence demonstrating financial capability to cover expenses during stay in Indonesia (minimum US$ 1,500,-)
5. Return ticket or onward ticket to continue travelling to other destination country.
6. Two ()2 recent color photographs (within past 6 months) in size of 4 cm (width) x 6 cm (length) with white background.
7. Visa fee ¥ 5,700/applicant as well as additional ¥2,800 (legalization of equipments list) and ¥800 (Telex fee).
8. Recommendation letter from relevant authority in Indonesia (please consult with your local partner/fixer/stringer).
9. Copy of Alien Registration Card and Re-entry permit (for non-Japanese only).
Visa application fee
shall be paid through transfer to the following account:
Name: Zai Osaka Indonesia Kyouwakoku Souryoujikan
振込先 : 在大阪インドネシア共和国総領事館
transfer receipt must be presented when picking up the visa