Limited Stay Visa is granted for visitors who wish to stay for a longer period of time in Indonesia. Limited Stay Visa is required for length of stay of up to 2 (two) years.
Validity of Visa:
Limited Stay Visa shall be used to enter Indonesian territory within 90 (ninety) days since the date of issuance. Stay permit for limited stay visa varies depending on the Indonesian Immigration's approval.
- Working on ships or installations operating within Indonesian waters;
- Foreign investment;
- Commercial art, culture and sports activities;
- Research and Training;
- Religious matters;
- Medical service and treatment;
- Family reunification (accompanying or joining his/her family members);
- Repatriation of ex-Indonesian citizen;
- Retirees (minimum 55 years old);
- Completed online application form;
- Original passport with minimum 2 (two) blank pages;
- 1 (one) copy of original passport (including personal identity pages, pages containing any amendments/observations/revisions and pages containing the latest Indonesian visa if any);
- 2 (two) passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm with white background);
- Cover/request letter (original) to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in New Delhi from either the applicant or the employer/institution;
- 1 (one) copy of Resident Certificate from the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of India with minimum validity of 6 (six) months from the date of departure to Indonesia (for non-Indian nationals residing in India only).
- Note Verbale (original) from the applicant's country of origin's Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in India (for non-Indian nationals who are non-residents in India only);
- 1 (one) copy of citizen identity card (for Nepalese nationals only);
- No Objection letter (original) from the applicant's parents/family member (for students who travel unaccompanied by their parents/adult family members only).
- Bring all of the application documents to the visa counter of the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in New Delhi, 50-A, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110021 (no staples, use paper clips).
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders may apply for Indonesian visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in New Delhi;
- Non-Indian nationals who are non-residents in India are encouraged to apply for Indonesian visa at the Indonesian Embassies/Consulates in their home countries prior to their visit to India.
- Passport (original and copy) with minimum 2 (two) blank pages with minimum validity upon the date of arrival in Indonesia as follows:
- 12 (twelve) months (for stay up to 6 months);
- 18 (eighteen) months (for stay up to 12 months);
- 30 (thirty) months (for stay up to 24 months);
- A confirmed return ticket (for stay up to 6 months);
- A confirmed one-way/return ticket (for stay more than 6 months);
- 1 (one) copy of Indonesian Immigration Approval;
- Invitation/sponsorship letter from person or company in Indonesia with the company's official letterhead together with:
- 1 (one) copy of Indonesian ID card (KTP)/passport and visa/KITAS/KITAP of family/friend/partner/counterpart who is the sponsor in Indonesia.
- Original letter from the sponsor' employer (company) in Indonesia mentioning that the sponsor is the employee of the company .
- Bank account statement for the last three months with minimum balance of Rs. 99,000 or equivalent to US$ 1,500. This document is mandatory if the applicant fails to provide an invitation/sponsorship letter mentioning a guarantee to cover the applicant's expense during visiting Indonesia.
- 1 (one) copy of Letter from the Ministry of Manpower of the Republic of Indonesia as well as 1 (one) copy of employment contract between the applicant and the employer in Indonesia (for workers/professionals only);
- Letter from the Investment Coordinating Board of the Republic of Indonesia (for investors only);
- Letter from the research institution in Indonesia (for researchers only);
- Letter from the Ministry of Education and Culture or the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia (for students intending to study in Indonesian education institutions only);
- Letter from the religious institution in Indonesia (for religious matters only);
- Cover/request letter from spouse in Indonesia; copy of family registration card (if any, in Indonesian/English), copy of marriage certificate (in Indonesian/English); copy of Indonesian ID card (KTP)/passport and visa/KITAS/KITAP of spouse in Indonesia; copy of marriage certificate issued by an Indonesia Embassy/Consulate if the marriage took place outside Indonesia (for family reunification - spouse of a person staying in Indonesia only);
- Cover/request letter from parent in Indonesia; copy of family registration card (if any, in Indonesian/English), copy of parents' marriage certificate (in Indonesian/English); copy of Indonesian ID card (KTP)/passport and visa/KITAS/KITAP of parent in Indonesia; copy of parents' marriage certificate issued by an Indonesia Embassy/Consulate if the marriage took place outside Indonesia (for family reunification – children under 18 years old of a person staying in Indonesia only);
- Document proofing that applicant was an Indonesian national/citizen, such as Indonesian ID card, family registration card, or birth certificate (for repatriation only);
- Guarantee letter from appointed travel agent; travel agent's license of commerce and tax file number; applicant's curriculum vitae (CV); financial statement issued by a financial institution in Indonesia or home country with minimum fund availability of US$ 1,500 per month for living expense in Indonesia; health and life insurance in Indonesia and home country; statement of hiring 2 (two) domestic helpers; statement of ownership of an accomodation worth of US$ 35,000 , OR statement of rent of accommodation per month worht of US$ 500 (for Jakarta, Bandung or Bali area), US$ 300 (for other areas in Java island, Batam island and Medan), or US$ 200 (for other areas in Indonesia) (for retirees only).