APPLYING FOR INDONESIAN VISA
• Application form;
• Photograph (3 x 4 cm with red background), 2;
• Passport with at least 6 months validity;
• Invitation letter from sponsors/relatives/company in Indonesia.
*Visa is valid to use up to 90 days from the issuing date and maximum staying period from the date of arrival in Indonesia.
Transit visa is given to a person who will continue the journey to another country or to the country of his/her origin or joining in or working for a transport vehicle continuing journey outside Indonesian territory or staying temporarily due to a delayed flight or journey (emergency cases).
Request for transit visa be made by completing the general requirement and enclosing:
1. Proof of ticket to a destined country for stopping-over passenger;
2. Person stopping-over in Indonesia to join in or work for a transport vehicle continuing journey outside Indonesian territory must have proof of work contract.
3. Invitation letter from the sponsor company in Indonesia.
*Maximum staying period of 14 days from the date of arrival in Indonesia.
SINGLE VISIT VISA
Visit Visa: Tourist/Business/Social-Cultural Visa.
Application of the visa must be fulfilled the general requirement and enclosing:
1. Confirmed return ticket or a ticket issued for traveling to other countries.
*The maximum staying period is 60 days from the date of arrival in Indonesia.
For Tourist Visa:
2. Letter of recommendation/invitation from a sponsor or a guarantee on the availability of funds to cover living expenses while staying in Indonesia (financial proof);
3. Proof of accomodation while staying in Indonesia.
For Business Visa:
2. Covering letter from the Indian/local company;
3. Clearance from Indonesian Immigration Authority, or a sponsorship letter from company in Indonesia, or a guarantee on the availability of funds to cover living expenses while staying in Indonesia.
For Social Culture Visa:
2. Covering / request letter
3. Clearance from Indonesian Immigration Authority, or a sponsorship letter from instittion/family/relative staying in Indonesia, or a guarantee on the availability of funds to cover living expenses while staying in Indonesia.
LIMITED STAY VISA
Limited stay visa is given for:
1. a person who is going to work in Indonesia, and or accompanying his/her family members (husband/wife and children),
2. purposes on religious related matters, research, education, and social affairs.
3. working in a foreign investment or domestic investment ventures, or as technical professional on assignment by a foreign organization.
4. foreigners who will be joining his or her/their Indonesian husband/wife/ parents.
5. repatriation for ex-Indonesian citizen.
Applicants have to fulfill the general requirement as well as:
1. Clearance from Indonesian Immigration Authorities and along with a sponsorship letter from concerned authority or company in Indonesia.
2. A complete and updated Curriculum Vitae for those accompanying - their spouse and or parents who are foreign citizens living in Indonesia. A copy of marriage certificate and/or birth certificate of the applicants may be required.
3. Letter of recommendation from Indonesian institution inviting those who take up activities on religious related matters, research, education and social affairs in Indonesia.
4. Letter of recommendation from the related institution (Ministry of Manpower/Investment Coordinating Board), and a copy of letter of agreement for foreign labour employment for those who wish to work in foreign investment or domestic investment ventures, or as technical professionals on assignment by a foreign organization.
5. Confirmed Ticket to Indonesia (one way or return).
MULTIPLE VISIT VISA
Applicants have to fulfill he general requirement and:
1. Passport with at least 18 months period of validity.
2. Clearance from Indonesian Immigration authorities and a sponsorship letter or letter of applicant guaranteeing on the availability of funds to cover living expenses while in Indonesia.
3. Proof of a returned ticket or a ticket issued for traveling to other countries for the first travel.
*Multiple entry visa is valid for a maximum of two years from the date of first entry into Indonesia, with the staying period of each entry not exceed 60 days.
With Effect from May 11, 2010, Visa on Arrival facility is given to national of the following 65 countries upon their arrival in 20 international airports, 18 seaports and 1 border post.
The eligible countries are:
40. New Zealand,
48. PR China,
50. Saudi Arabia,
53. South Afrika,
54. South Korea,
60. Timor Leste,
63. Uni Arab Emirates,
64. United Kingdom,
65. United States of America.
*Citizens of these countries are eligible to apply for a VoA valid for 30 days upon arrival with the costs of US$25 and can be extended once only for another 30 days. This type of visa cannot be converted into any other kind of visa. Also be aware that Immigration officials calculate the 30-day period from your arrival date in the country, and you must leave the country on the 30th day or the 60th day, if you decide to extend your stay.
The requirement to obtain a 30-day VoA:
1. Passport must be from one of the countries listed above.
2. Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months from the date of entry into Indonesia.
3. Payment of US$25 must be paid at the gateway.
4. Confirmed return ticket is compulsory.
5. Visitors must enter and exit through one of the 20 airports /18 seaports/1 land border post, officially approved as an “international gateway” by the Indonesian Immigration department.
Arriving travelers with VoA status have to go first to one of the Visa on Arrival counters to pay the fee and have their passports pasted with the VoA sticker before proceeding to the Immigration Clearance Desk. An official bank is part of the VoA service counters. Payment of visa fees can be made in all major currencies or by VISA or MASTERCARD.
Visa on Arrival can be obtained in the following port of entries:
? Sultan Iskandar Muda, Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
? Polonia, Medan, North Sumatera
? Sultan Syarif Kasim II, Pekanbaru, Riau
? Hang Nadim, Batam, Riau Islands
? Minangkabau, Padang, West Sumatera
? Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II, Palembang, South Sumatera
? Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta
? Halim Perdana Kusuma, Jakarta
? Husein Sastranegara, Bandung, West Java
? Adi Sucipto, Yogyakarta
? Ahmad Yani, Semarang, Central Java
? Adi Sumarmo, Surakarta, Central Java
? Juanda, Surabaya, East Java
? Supadio, Pontianak, West Kalimantan
? Sepinggan, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan
? Sam Ratulangi, Manado, North Sulawesi
? Hasanuddin, Makassar, South Sulawesi
? Ngurah Rai, Denpasar, Bali
? Selaparang, Mataram, West Nusa Tenggara
? El Tari, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara
? Sekupang; Citra Tritunas (Harbour Bay); Nongsa; Marina Teluk Senimba, dan Batam Centre, at Batam, Riau Islands
? Bandar Bintan Telani Lagoi dan Bandar Sri Unada Lobam, at Tanjung Uban, Bintan Island – Riau Islands
? Sri Bintan Pura, at Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands
? Tanjung Balai Karimun, at Riau Islands
? Belawan, at North Sumatera
? Sibolga,at North Sumatera
? Yos Sudarso, at Dumai, Riau
? Teluk Bayur, at Padang, West Sumatera
? Tanjung Priok, at Jakarta
? Tanjung Mas, at Semarang, Central Java
? Padang Bai, at Karangasem, Bali
? Benoa, at Badung, Bali
? Bitung, at North Sulawesi
? Soekarno-Hatta, at Makassar, South Sulawesi
? Pare-Pare, at South Sulawesi
? Maumere, at East Nusa Tenggara
? Tenau, at Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara
? Jayapura, at Papua
C. Land Border Post
? Entikong, West Kalimantan.
1. Transit Visa: Rs. 1,000
2. Tourist Visa / Business Visa / Social-Cultural Visa: Rs. 2.250
3. Limited Stay Visa (less than 6 months): Rs. 2,500
4. Limited Stay Visa (6 - 12 months): Rs. 5,000
5. Limited Stay Visa (more than 12 months up to 24 months): Rs. 8,750
6. Multiple Visa: Rs. 5,000
7. Re-Entry Permit: Rs. 1,000
8. Visa on Arrival: US$ 25
DIPLOMATIC/OFFICIAL PASSPORT HOLDERS
Based on bilateral agreement, Indian Diplomatic/Official pasport holders are exempted from visa requirements for a visit up to 30 days. The validity of the pasports should be minimum 6 (six) months.
1. Applicant should look into his/her passport minimum validity before approaching to procure a visa;
2. Only application along with completed documents will be accepted, and this does not automatically becomes a guarantee on the issuance of a required visa;
3. Visa processing requires one day, depend on if all the requirement is fulfilled. Documents submission between 10.00 am to 12.00 pm, collection between 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm; every working day (Monday to Friday);
4. Sponsorship/invitation letter should be addressed to Indonesian Embassy, stating name(s) and details of the person(s) invited, the purpose, the confirmation on boarding and lodging of the invitee in Indonesia;
5. Visa fee is payable to the Embassy by Bank Draft/Demand Draft in favour of "Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, New Delhi".
APPLICATION FOR JOURNALIST VISIT OR FILM/VIDEO SHOOTING
Journalist visit or film/video shooting in Indonesia may be carried out after an approval from the authorities concerned has been obtained.
For approval and visa, the following must be submitted to the Information Department of the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia:
1. A letter of recommendation from the company;
2. Company profile;
3. Curriculum Vitae;
4. Completed Journalist Visa application forms (two copies for each applicant) with original signature of the applicant, typed or written in black capital letters;
5. A synopsis or proposal of the film or photo project with details such as timetable, locations and duration of stay; (for filming purposes only).
6. A signed statement for film/video shooting; (for filming purposes only).
7. A signed statement of the list of equipments which will be re-exported to India (for filming purposes only);
8. Three recent passport-size photograps; Two of them must be attached on the Visa Application Forms;
9. A signed statement that includes date and place of journalism activities and acceptance to obey the Indonesian national law and regulation during the journalism visit.
10. A clear photocopy of passport (main details only);
11. The following Visa Fee must be paid INR 2,250 in bank draft payable to Indonesian Embassy (for up to 60 days maximum period of stay).
Following the approval from the authorities in Indonesia, we will advise you to bring the passport to the Embassy to be stamped with the necessary Visa which will be ready to collect within one working day.
Please note that decision of the approval by the authorities in Indonesia will take approximately four weeks after receipt of the completed aforementioned requirements.
Upon arrival in Indonesia please proceed to the:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Directorate of Information and Media Services
Jln. Taman Pejambon No.6
Jakarta Pusat 10110
Phone : (+62-21) 3813453, 3858033
Fax : (+62-21) 3857316
to collect your Temporary Journalist ID Card
Provide 3 (three) recent photographs (3x4 cm-size) to collect your press card or the film permit.
It is advisable that you have a local partner in Indonesia to do your filming project.