DARMASISWA is a 10-12 months scholarship program offered to all participating countries to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in Indonesian Universities. The program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia and was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative. With increasing enthusiasm to the program, the number of participating countries was growing. Currently, the scholarship is offered to 172 countries around the globe.
The main purpose of DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in language, art, and culture of Indonesia among international youth community. Increased cultural ties and tolerance are also the main expected outcome of this scholarship.
The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Nairobi invites all eligible applicants from DR Congo, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, Somalia, and Uganda to apply
To be eligible to receive a Darmasiswa scholarship, applicants must:
- Have Completed secondary education or its equivalent (preferably a current university student)
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age and NOT older than 35 years of age
- Be able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia
- (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In the state of good health good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Not have married
- Have basic knowledge of the program applied to
How to apply
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in DARMASISWA official website
http://apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student's home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
- Monthly stipend – varies among areas
- Accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program
- Settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Legal permit arrangement with the support from the Host University and Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Health insurance
||Online registration||1 January – 1 March 2019|
|2.||Interview at Indonesian embassy/consulate||4 – 15 March 2019|
|3.||Online selection by Universities||18 March – 3 April 2019|
|4.||Announcement||10 April 2019|
|5.||Attendance confirmation||10 – 30 April 2019|
|6.||Final announcement||6 May 2019|
|7.||Flight itinerary confirmation||7 May – 1 August 2019|
|8.||Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia||28 August 2019|
|9.||Orientation program ||29 – 30 August 2019|
Please always refer to DARMASISWA official website:
http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/ for detailed information
Mr. Pradono Anindito
Information and Culture Section
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Nairobi
Menengai Road, Upper Hill P.O. Box 48868
Phone : +254 20 2714196/97
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : www.kemlu.go.id/nairobi