DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students to study language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture of Indonesia. Participants can choose one of selected universities located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The program is designed to enhance a mutual understanding and offer a stronger cultural link among different countries. The number of international students participating in this program increases year by year, especially in the last five years.
The Scholarship will only cover tuition fee and monthly stipend of Rp. 2.950.000,- (approximately USD 219,-) or Rp. 2.550.000,- (approximately USD 188,-) depending on the cities where the students are living. The return air ticket and accommodation will be borne by the students.
It is one year program (non degree) to study Indonesian language, Arts, Culinary and Tourism in selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions.
- Online registration - 18 December 2017 until 18 February 2018
- Interview at related KBRI/KJRI - 19 February 2018 until 9 March 2018
- Selection by the University (online) - 12 March 2018 until 24 March 2018
- Announcement - 16 April 2018
- Attendance confirmation - 16 April until 16 May 2018
- Final Announcement - 1 June 2018
- Flight itinerary confirmation - 16 April until 1 August 2018
- Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia - 29 August 2018
- Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia - 30 until 31 August 2018
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id.
For students who are not in the student's home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
QUALIFICATIONS OF STUDENTS
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia(Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2018)
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
For further information please contact:
Mr. W. Sunani Ali Asrori, Information Officer
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: +254-20-2714196/97 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation
Ministry of Education and Culture
The Republic of Indonesia
C Building, 6th floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan 10270 Jakarta
WhatsApp/WA: (+62) 8129 178 2107
Or click to websites below: