DARMASISWA RI is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relations with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 72 universities in 2018. This program was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended further to other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 121 countries and organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The main purpose of DARMASISWA RI program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in DARMASISWA RI official website: apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. Students who are outside his or her home country are not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy.
Online registration – 18 December 2017 until 18 February 2018;
Interview at the Embassy of Indonesia – 19 February 2018 until 9 March 2018;
First Option Academic Selection 12 - 19 March 2018;
Second Option Academic Selection 20 - 24 March 2018;
Selection Result announcement – 16 April 2018;
Participation Confirmation 16 April - 16 May 2018;
Submitting Flight Itinerary 16 April - 1 August 2018;
Indonesian Language Preparation Courses in Indonesian Embassy (July - August 2018);
Darmasiswa Orientation Program (end of August 2018);
Program Commencement (early September 2018).
III. COVERAGE OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Student monthly stipend will be devided into 2 groups of area:
Students will be provided with accommodation and
transportation during the Orientation Program if their arrival time is in line with
the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Area 1 (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado): Rp. 2.950.000,00 (equivalent to about RO. 85)
- Area 2 (Aceh, Padang, Palembang, Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda): Rp. 2.550.000,00 (equivalent to about RO. 73)
Students will get settlement allowance when
attending the Orientation Program
Students legal permit arrangement with the help
of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture
Students may seek assistance from Host
University in finding a house/room to rent, which is included in monthly
- Preferably Student;
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent;
- Between 17 years and 35 years of age;
- Able to communicate in English. Additional bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
- In good health as attested by Medical Certificate;
- Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying.
V. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Curriculum vitae/resume;
- Medical certificate;
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2018);
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English);
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English);
- Language certificate (if applicable);
- Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable);
- Essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia, maximum 500 words).
- The MoEC does not provide international airfare to/from Indonesia
- Participants will receive health insurance services through BNI Life
- List of university can be found here : darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/list-of-darmasiswa-university
- For complete regulations see: darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/regulations