Based on agreement between Australia and Indonesia concerning work and holiday visa, which is effective as of 1 July 2009 that the visa is given to Australians applicants to visit Indonesia and Indonesian to visit Australia. The visa is mainly for tourist purposes, which also allows the holder to do some work, with the conditions as follows : People who are granted Work and Holiday Visas must not :
Each application must:
- Be employed by any one employer for more than six (6) months
- Engage in any studies or training for more than four (4) months
- Be between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years old;
- In possession of tertiary qualifications, or successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study;
- Understand and can communicate in Indonesian Language;
- Not in possession of another Indonesian visa;
- Have sufficient funds for their personal expenses for the first three months-generally (min A$5,000);
- Have good health and good character;
- Recommendation letter
from the relevant government department which states that the applicant
meets these requirements (from DIAC).
- Visa fee is A$125,- for application and A$10,- for approval letter, all fee non refundable.
The process will take
min 4 (four) weeks after all requirements are deemed complete and
approved by the Indonesian Authority in Jakarta.
The visa holder at the
arrival port in Indonesian shall pay IDN 1.000.000,- for the limited
stay permit (KITAS), IDN 700.000,- for the multiple exit permit (MREP)
Port) and IDN 50.000,- for biometric photograph.
- Please note that Work
and Holiday Visa is only valid at 6 (six) designated Entry AirPorts in
Indonesia, namely: Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta, Ngurah Rai, Bali, Adi
Sucipto, Yogyakarta, Tritunas Semesta, Batam, Polonia, Medan and Sam