Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days (extension available at local Immigration Offices close to where the applicant stays). Requests for Social Cultural Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:
- Passport (still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry).
- One recent color Passport photographs.
- Immigrations Form which has been filled completely and signed
- Proof of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport
- Photocopy of valid label Visa/ VEVO (https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query) in Australia for non-Australian Citizen (Student visa/Bridging Visa/PR/TR).
- Applicants who hold only a tourist/visitor visa in Australia are welcomed to apply for Indonesian visa at the Consulate but will only be granted if the Consulate further received approval from Indonesian Representative Office where the applicants reside.
- Sponsor letter addressed to Indonesian Consulate in Melbourne from family/ social organization/company, which describes the duration and purpose of the visit and guaranteeing full responsibility for the applicant during his/her stay in Indonesia.
- Copy of ID of the sponsor. If the sponsor is non-Indonesian citizen please provide a copy of KITAS and Passport. If the sponsor is an Indonesian citizen, a copy of the KTP (Indonesian ID card) /Passport should be provided.
For minor applicants,
Copy of Birth Certificate for children under the age of 18, a statement
letter from parents or guardian and copy of parents’ or guardians’ ID.
Social Culture Visa is
eligible only for single entry and could be extended at the local
Immigration Offices close to where the applicant stays. If the
destination of visit should go to the restricted regions (Papua and
Poso), the application would be sent to the Authorities in Indonesia to
seek referral. Application from certain nationals also needs referral. See list of nationals for calling visa.
Visa is issued min 6 (six) working days from receipt of application after all requirements
provided and deemed satisfy the eligibility. However, citizens from
certain countries may have a longer time (min 12 working days) upon the
approval from Indonesia Immigration Office in Indonesia.
applications need referral to the Authorities in Indonesia should NOT
PURCHASE their travel tickets (plane, boat or otherwise) before the
approval for their visa application is received.
Visa Fee Aus $ 70 is
non-refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit Card, Money Order payable to Indonesian Consulate General in
- Citizen of countries listed below are allowed to visit Indonesia for 30 days without visa, For more info click here
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully :
Visa application by
mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed envelope (advisedly
using registered mail or platinum registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL
or any other service that the applicant deems safe. The Consulates
would not be held responsible for application that lost through mail. So
make sure you chose the most secured service.
Before you mail the
application, please remember that the application must be sent along
with the applicant's passport. Consulate General would attach the visa
in the passport. No passport, no visa.
Also remember that
amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check
your passport for a blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be
available). Please be advised that we will return your application and
passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or
- Please remember to address the envelope to:
Consular Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Melbourne
72 Queens Road,Melbourne VIC 3004