Schedule an appointment for your visa application
Introduction of mandatory appointment system
Taking into effect from 1 August 2019, it will be mandatory for all visa applicants to schedule an appointment for the submission of visa applications at the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne.
Please click here to make an appointment.
Instructions to schedule an appointment:
- Only ONE appointment can be booked per passport.
- If you are part of a family or a study group, each member of the family or study group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children, you must make 4 individual appointments.
- For large groups travelling together (group of minimum 10 applicants), please e-mail email@example.com to make appointments.
- Please bring your appointment confirmation letter (or e-mail) with you at the scheduled date and time to show to the security or staff.
- If you miss your appointment on the scheduled day, you may reschedule or cancel for a new appointment.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and processed.
This visa is given to persons who for foreign pensioners who want to spend their retirement in Indonesia. This visa is eligible for pensioner of over 55 years old and have no intention to work in Indonesia. This visa is given for nationals from 24 economies (Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Finland, Luxemburg, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Spain, United States of America, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan).
Request for a Transit Visa must be submitted by filling out the application form (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:
- Passport must be valid at least 18 months from the date of entry into Indonesia;
- One completed visa application form;
- One colored passport size photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
- Recommendation letter from the migration agents in Indonesia;
- Approval letter from the Indonesian Authority in Jakarta;
- Copy of ticket to go in Indonesia;
- Visa fee A$165,- is non-refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit Card, Money Order payable to Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne.
- The retirement stay
visa is classified as limited visa and is always a single entry.
However, the visa holder could exit and re-enter Indonesia multiply by applying for exit permit to the local Immigration Offices close to where the visa holder lives.
- After the holder of
such visa arrived in Indonesia, they should contact the nearest
immigration office within max 7 days since arrival to apply for the
temporary stay permit (KITAS). Failure to do so will cause the cease of
the visa. Usually the sponsor in Indonesia has arranged all necessary
permit and knew how to proceed to obtain KITAS and re-entry permit from
the local immigration.
Consulate General must have the authorization from the Indonesian
Immigration before a limited stay visa could be issued. If you want to
apply for the limited stay visa, please contact your sponsor in
Indonesia to apply it through the nearest immigration office. If
granted, the immigration would send official notification to the
Consulate General. The Indonesian Consulate General would not issue a
limited stay visa without official notification or approval from the
Indonesian immigration. See procedure to seek approval letter.
- Visa is issued min 6 (six) working days from receipt of application providing all documents
are in order. For visiting restricted regions need more than five
working days or after receiving approval from the Immigration
- Visa Fee is
non-refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit Card, Money Order payable to Indonesian Consulate General in
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
Visa application by
mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed envelope (advisedly
using registered mail or platinum registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL
or any other service that the applicant deems safe. The Consulates
would not be held responsible for application that lost through mail. So
make sure you chose the most secured service.
Before you mail the
application, please remember that the application must be sent along
with the applicant's passport. Consulate General would attach the visa
in the passport. No passport, no visa.
Also remember that
amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check
your passport for a blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be
available). Please be advised that we will return your application and
passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or
- Please remember to address the envelope to:
Consular Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Melbourne
72 Queens Road,Melbourne VIC 3004