Schedule an appointment for your visa
Introduction of mandatory appointment system
Taking into effect from 1 August 2019, it will be mandatory for all visa applicants to schedule an appointment for the submission of visa applications at the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne.
Please click here to make an appointment.
Instructions to schedule an appointment:
ONE appointment can be booked per passport.
you are part of a family or a study group, each member of the family or study
group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of
4 with 2 adults and 2 children, you must make 4 individual appointments.
large groups travelling together (group of minimum 10 applicants), please
to make appointments.
bring your appointment confirmation letter (or e-mail) with you at the
scheduled date and time to show to the security or staff.
you miss your appointment on the scheduled day, you may reschedule or cancel
for a new appointment
applications will not be accepted and processed.
length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days. Requests for Tourist Visas are
submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne by filling
out the General Visa forms (1 copy for each person and signed) and
- Passport still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry. Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of Identity, and Certificate of Registration etc.) will not be accepted.
- One recent color Passport photograph (Australian standard size).
- Copy of Passport (page that has applicant’s details)
- For minor applicants, please provide a statement letter from parents or guardian, copy of parents’ or guardians’ photo ID (Passport or Driving License) and a copy of birth certificate.
- Copy of valid Visa label for non-Australian Citizen / VEVO Check.
- Please be advised that applicant with Australian Tourist/Visitor Visa would be suggested to obtain Indonesian visa from country of origin/country of residency. This type of Visa application will take longer than 6 (six) working days for processing.
- Copy of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.
- Copy of Evidence of sufficient funds to maintain himself/herself during his/her stay in Indonesia with minimum amount of AU$2000/month (e.g. Bank Statements or Credit Card Statement with applicant’s full name in the last 2 months from the date of visa application). For spouse or minor applicants who cannot provide their own Bank Statements please provide copy of Marriage/birth certificate and current bank statement (if traveling alone).
- Immigrations Form which has been filled completely and signed (double sided page will not be accepted).
Visa is eligible only for single entry. The tourist visa holder should
not enter the restricted regions (Papua and Poso). If the destination of
visit should go to the restricted regions, the application would be
sent to the Authorities in Indonesia to seek referral. Application from
certain nationals also needs referral. See list of nationals for calling
is issued min 6 (six) working days from receipt of application after
all requirements provided and deemed satisfy the eligibility. However,
citizens from certain countries may have a longer time (min 12 working
days) upon the approval from Indonesia Immigration Office in Indonesia.
whose applications need referral to the Authorities in Indonesia should
NOT PURCHASE their travel tickets (plane, boat or otherwise) before the
approval for their visa application is received.
Fee Aus $ 70 is non-refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit
Card, Money Order payable to Indonesian
Consulate General in Melbourne.
5. citizen of countries listed below are allowed to visit Indonesia for 30 days without visa, For more info click here
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
application by mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed
envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum registered mail)
for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the applicant deems
safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for application that
lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most secured service.
you mail the application, please remember that the application must be
sent along with the applicant's passport. Consulate General would attach
the visa in the passport. No passport, no visa.
remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa
purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page (minimum 3 blank
pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return your
application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on
the passport or incomplete application.
4. Please remember to address the envelope to:
Consular Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Melbourne
72 Queens Road,Melbourne VIC 3004