- This service is provided by the Consulate General for those who need to legalise Australian / foreign documents to be used in Indonesia.
- The Consulate General of Indonesia will notarise/legalise any document(s) only after the document(s) has been notarised/legalised/authenticated by notary public and the authentication officer at the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Victoria. You may contact:
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Level 13, 2 Lonsdale Street , Melbourne , Vic 3000
Ph. (03) 92215454
- After your documents authenticated by the Authentication Office, then proceed to have the documents legalised by the Consulate General, either by come personally or by mail.
- The LEGALISATION fee at the Consulate is AUD $175.00 per original document and paid by EFTPOS/credit card, money order or company check, payable to the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Melbourne. Personal check are not accepted.
- For those who wish to send the documents by mail, it is important to follow these instructions:
To avoid delay in processing your documents, please make sure that the addressee should read:
The Indonesian Consulate General
Consuler Division – LEGALISATION
P.O. BOX 6765
Melbourne, Vic 3004
Please provide return envelope (or self-addressed envelope with sufficient stamps) for Express Mail, Fed Ex or any other service. The Consulate would not be held responsible for documents that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most secure mail service.
- Each original document has to be certified by an Australian PublicNotary and Department of Foreign Affairs Trade Australia
- Each document legalization fee is AUD$175
- Processing time is 5 working days