Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days. Requests for Business Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:
- For Multiple Entry, Passport (still valid at least 18 months from the date of entry) Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of Identity, and Certificate of Registration etc.) will not be accepted.
- For Multiple Entry, please provide approval letter from Immigration Authority in Indonesia.
- For Single Entry - Passport (still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry)
- One recent color Passport photograph.
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport
- Letter of recommendation addressed to the Indonesian Consulate in Melbourne from a sponsor in Indonesia (Stating the duration and the purpose of the Visit as well as full responsibility of the sponsor for the applicant during his/her stay).
- Photocopy of valid label Visa/ VEVO in Australia for non-Australian Citizen (Student visa/Bridging Visa/PR/TR)
- Applicants who hold only a tourist/visitor visa in Australia are welcomed to apply for Indonesian visa at the Consulate but will only be granted if the Consulate further received approval from Indonesian Representative Office where the applicants reside.
- Proof of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.
- This visa is given by the Indonesian Consulate to applicants visiting Indonesia for non-working business activities such as conference and business meeting.
- To participate in conference/seminar a letter/invitation from the conference host setting out details, including nature, duration and programme of the conference/seminar.
- The applicant who wishes to enter the restricted regions (Papua and Poso) must obtain special authorization from Indonesian authorities. Please advised Consulate General about the intention to visit the restricted regions. This rule also applies to those who previously work at the regions and hold immigration permission, e.g. Freeport employees. Application from certain nationals also needs referral.
- Visa is issued min 5 (five) working days from receipt of application providing all documents are in order. For visiting restricted regions need more than five working days or after receiving approval from the Immigration Authorities.
- Visa Fee for single entry AUS$70.00 and multiple entry AUS$165.00 are non-refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit Card, Money Order, Company Cheque or Bank Cheque payable to Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne.
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the applicant deems safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for application that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most secured service.
- Before you mail the application, please remember that the application must be sent along with the applicant's passport. Consulate General would attach the visa in the passport. No passport, no visa.
- Also remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or incomplete application.
- Please remember to address the envelope to:
Consular Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Melbourne
72 Queens Road,Melbourne VIC 3004
Visa Fee is not refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit Card, Money Order, Company Cheque or Bank Cheque payable to Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne.