The Indonesian government realizes that higher education could compose a more constructive role in helping such a country to achieve a long-term socio-economic goal as it has a clear and practical impact on society. We are convinced that it can promote responsible citizens, ethical behavior, educational ambition, professional development in a broad range of fields, and even cross border engagement.
And as part of our commitment to help our international society surviving the global social and economic challenges, sharing our experience and resources in nurturing highly skilled and educated society has become our primary approach to contribute in the human resources development in our neighboring developing countries. The developing countries certainly need leaders, well-mannered society, educated citizens, and skilled workers for their industry, government, and academia.
In this respect, the KNB scholarship offered by the Indonesian government provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies that will subsequently enhance their chances to fulfill those roles back in their home countries. The KNB scholarship opens the opportunity to experience life in the culturally most diverse nation in the world while studying and earning a master degree.
Since 2009, 992 scholarships have been awarded to students from 71 developing countries. And for 2018, KNB Scholarship offers 140 seats for Master-Degree and 5 seats for Bachelor-Degree Program at 16 prominent universities in Indonesia to candidates from developing countries
- Maximum age is 35 years old
- Hold a bachelor degree to apply Master Degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicant must have 500 TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score, or equivalent
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website)
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire recommendation letter
- Complete the online application process
- Selection process
- Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant's Country of Origin in Indonesia)
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English)
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
For more information,
please contact Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Maputo
Rua de Dar Es Salaam No.141 Sommerschield, Maputo, Mozambique
Phone +258 21 494227 – 29
or visit the NB Website at http://www.knb.ristekdikti.go.id/