"Indonesian Scholarship Program"
Introduction of Darmasiswa Scholarship
DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 59 universities in
2017. This program was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended further to other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 111 countries and organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia.
The main purpose of DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student's home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
II. Schedule of Program
- Online Registration:
(9 December 2016 - 9 February 2017)
- Interview at the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia:
(13 February 2017 - 3 March 2017)
- First Options Academic Selection:
(4 March - 10 March 2017)
- Second Options Academic Selection:
(13 March 2017 - 31 March 2017)
- Announcement of the Selection Result:
(7 April 2017)
- Confirmation of Participant:
(8 April - 16 June 2017)
- Submitting Flight Itinerary:
(8 April - 1 August 2017)
- Commencement of Program:
III. Qualifications of Students
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proved by Medical Certificate.
- Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying.
IV. International Airfare Ticket
The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide the International airfare to/from Indonesia.
V. Coverage of Scholarship
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.850.000,- (Jakarta, Bandung,
- Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado), Area 2 Rp. 2.450.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang, Purwokerto,
- Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda).
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend.
VI. Required Document
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Medical sertificate.
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival: 1st August 2017).
- Recommendation Letter from Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English).
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English).
- Language certificate (if applicable).
- Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable).
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english)
VII. Health Insurance
The Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) will not provide health insurances; therefore the student are expected to have the International insurance.
VIII. Website: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/