Enlightenment, Social and Culture (Pensosbud) Manila supported by the Education and Culture Attaché (Atdikbud) Manila by bringing in Musica Sakra Chorus, organize the Indonesian Food Festival. The event was held on 30 June - 1 July 2018 and held at the Event Center, Building A, Megamall, Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
This event was held to introduce Filipinos to authentic Indonesian food that can not be generally found in the Philippines. In addition, this event also introduces the Indonesian cultures presented in the form of dance and performance displayed on the main stage of Indonesian Food Festival (IFF).
The event begins with remarks given by Marketing Director SM Megamall, Indonesian Ambassador Mr. Sinyo Harry Sarundajang, and the Beating of Gong as a sign that the event has been officially opened. Participants of the event are restaurants that sell authentic Indonesian food both from inside and outside the Philippines. One of the favorite restaurants is Markobar, this restaurant sells authentic Indonesian food which is martabak and owned by Gibran Rakabuming Raka who is the son of the President of Indonesia.
The event is held for 2 (two) days which begins and ends with the performance of Musica Sakra Chorus who plays Kolintang, dance from local staff of KBRI. Between the performances there are small games and gift giving focused on questions about Indonesia, the game is followed by everyone who attends both the events Indonesian and Filipino.
Support from Atdikbud Manila during the event is bringing Musica Sakra Chorus who is a professional kolintang player and imported directly from Manado. Musica Sakra Chorus was imported for 5 (five) days ie from 28 June - 2 July 2018.
There are 4 (four) sessions in 1 (one) performance of Musica Sakra Chorus is:
- Session 1 (one) Opening which is filled with speech and self-introduction about Musica Sacra Chorus studio by one (1) member.
- Sounding tetengkoren for 9 (Nine) times.
- Tetenkoren dance as an opening dance in performance, where there is a blend of tetengkoren musical instrument made of bamboo. By being beaten using a bamboo / wooden stick with a dance style that intended to welcome guests / audiences.
- Kolintang with Kabasaran (song title: Kabasaran Song), kolintang is traditional music from Minahasa and kabasaran is a traditional dance from Minahasa and is a dance performed by the tonaas / leaders as they fight with the enemy and when they win the war then celebrate the victory by dancing and singing, but now kabasaran more often used as a dance to pick up guests. Then it became an inspiration to collaborate between kabasaran song with kolintang.
- Song opo wana natas which is the song of petition to God Almighty using Minahasa language, to live prosperous for us that exist on earth.
- Session 2 Nusantara is a combination of cultures found in Indonesia.
- Pisok Dance is a typical Minahasa dance that describes the living atmosphere of Minahasa people who always live in harmony working in mutual assistance, agile and energetic that is adapted from the life of Pisok birds, who live in Minahasa Land.
- Kolintang accompanied by vocals with the song O Karima e which is the song of Sangihe Talaud area, North Sulawesi province.
- Kolintang accompanied by vocals singing yamko rambe yamko which is the song of papua area, a song that tells of war, where Indonesian warriors willing to be a hero to sacrifice against the invaders to defense the Indonesian nation.
- Kolintang accompanied by vocals singing jali jali song which is the song from betawi area, DKI Jakarta, this song adapted from jali fruit, lyrics jali-jali is a braided pantun which combined with the tone and music cheerfully to comfort the heart that is grieving or sad.
- Session 3 is kolintang music collaboration with sasando (sasando is a traditional musical instrument originating from NTT)
- Indonesia pusaka.
- Flobamora is the 4th largest island in NTT, flores sumba maumere rote.
- Maengket is a dance consisting of 3 (three) parts namely "Makamberu" dance of thanksgiving for the harvest. "Maramba" dance over thanksgiving when choosing a new home. "Lalayaen" is a dance about young lovemaking.
- Session 4 (four) is an international culture that is played with Kolintang accompanied by vocals.
- O sole mio.
- Let it go.
- Victoy bon (instrumen).