Following statements made by Indonesian President Joko Widodo in March 2015, the Indonesian Government, on 9 June 2015, has launched a Visa-Free policy for tourist visiting Indonesia from 30 (thirty) countries, including Bahrain Passport Bearers.
Bahrain Passport bearers visiting Indonesia may now enter and exit Indonesia using the Visa-Free scheme through the 9 (nine) assigned immigration inspection counters at the following entry and exits points:
1. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta
2. Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali
3. Kualanamu International Airport, Medan
4. Juanda International Airport, Surabaya
5. Hang Nadim International Airport, Batam
6. Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal, Bintan Island, Riau Islands
7. Batam Center International Ferry Terminal, Batam Island, Riau Islands
8. Sekupang International Ferry Terminal, Batam Island, Riau Islands
9. Tanjung Uban Ferry Terminal, Bintan Island, Riau Islands
Bahrain passport bearers entering Indonesia using the abovementioned Visa-Free scheme are allowed to stay in Indonesia for a total of 30 (thirty) days, and only for tourism purposes. The visa-free scheme cannot be extended beyond 30 (thirty) days. Nor can it be converted to other types of visas or residential permits in Indonesia.
Other countries passport bearers included in this free visa policy as follows: China, Russia, Republic of Korea, Japan, United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, and South Africa.
The Visa-Free policy complements the number of countries granted with visa-free facilities to 45 (forty five) countries including Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Philippine, Chili, Morocco, Peru, Vietnam, Ecuador, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.