Visit Visas are issued for foreign citizens who are traveling to Indonesia for the following purposes:
- Arts and Culture
- Official duties
- Non-commercial sports activities
- Comparitive studies, short courses and trainings
- To provide assistance, guidance and training for the implementation of industrial technology innovations to improve the quality and design of industrial products and the cooperation of overseas marketing for Indonesia
- Perform urgent work
- Business meetings
- Purchase of items
- Give lectures or seminars
- Participate in international exhibitions
- Participate in a meeting held by a head/representative office located in Indonesia
- Foreign worker in probation period
- Continue travel to another country
- Join another mode of transportation from Indonesia
Foreign citizens may apply for a Visit Visa through the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia overseas or through a guarantor in Indonesia by submitting an application to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta. The Visit Visa will be issued by the Embassy or Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia overseas.
A Visit Visa authorizes a foreign citizen a single entry with a maximum stay period of 60 (sixty) days, which can be extended 4 (four) times where every extension is granted an additional stay of 30 (thirty) days. A Visit Visa must be used within a maximum period of 90 (ninety) days from the date of issuance. If within this period the visa is not used, the visa shall be revoked.
An application for a Visit Visa is submitted with the following documents:
- A valid passport with a minimum expiry date of 6 (six) months after the planned date of departure from Indonesia;
- A completed and signed Visa Application Form (printed on a two-sided paper);
- 1 (one) recent color photograph 3 cm x 4 cm in size (attached onto the Visa Application Form);
- Return ticket reservations (flight, cruise, ferry) or onward tickets to another country;
- Hotel reservations/accommodation details during the stay in Indonesia;
- Original account certificate from the bank with a minimum amount of US$ 1500 (one thousand US Dollars) as proof of the ability to cover all living expenses for the applicant and/or the family members during the stay in Indonesia;
- Original bank transaction details for the past 3 (three) months;
- Copy of a travel medical insurance.
The processing time of the visa application is a minimum of 5 (five) working days from (but not including) the date of submission of the respective application
and that all documents provided are in order.
To download a Visa Application Form, please click here.