The Government of the Republic of Indonesia offers the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang/ Developing Countries Partnership (KNB) Scholarship for 140 students to pursue their Master Degree and 05 students to obtain Bachelor Degree in one of 16 Indonesian universities.
Officially launched in 2006 by the Directorate General of Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia, this program has been attracting a significant number of applicants. Between 2009 – 2017, 992 students from 71 countries had been awarded this scholarship.
The Program Objectives:
- To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries
- To promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries
- To strengthen the relationship and cooperation among developing countries
All courses will be delivered in Bahasa Indonesia. The maximum duration for the scholarship for Master Degree is 3 years (36 months) and for Bachelor Degree is 5 years (60 months). It includes 1 year (12 months) for Indonesian Language Course Program.
The scholarship covers a round-trip international airfare, settlement allowance, monthly allowance, researh allowance, book allowance, and health insurance.
For more information please download Application Guidance Book:
The scholarship is prioritised (but not limited) for prospective students working in the government institutions, NGOs or education sectors. All prospective Vietnamese students who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Having maximum age of 35 year-old
- Having a bachelor degree for applying a master degree program
- Having a TOEFL /IELTS/other English Proficiency Certificate scores of 500/5.0 or equivalent
- Completing the on-line application form on http://www.knb.ristekdikti.go.id/
- Signing a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management for the successful candidates prior to the departure to Indonesia.
1. Downloading the Invitation Letter posted in the KNB Scholarship website
2. Submitting the required documents as follow to the Indonesian Embassy by email to acquire the recommendation letter:
- Invitation letter
- Academic Certificates (in English)
- Academic Transcripts (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Send the scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: KNB Scholarsip 2018 (Your Name)
The documents must be received by the Embassy no later than April 20th, 2018.
3. Sign Up and Complete the online application on http://www.knb.ristekdikti.go.id/ before April 30th, 2018 by attaching the documents as follow:
- A recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in Hanoi;
- A nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant's Country of Origin in Indonesia);
- 02 (two) Academic Recommendation letters;
- A Scanned passport (personal data page only);
- A Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcript (in English);
- A Scanned TOEFL/IELTS/other English Proficiency certificate obtained within the last 2 Years;
- A Scanned Medical Statement prepared by a certified physician.
4. Receiving the selection result broadcasted online in the KNB Scholarship Website and/or officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network at the second week of June 2018.
DO HUYEN TRANG (Ms.)
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
50 Ngo Quyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Tel: (84-4) 38253353/ Ext. 150
Fax: (84-4) 38259274
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org