In performing its roles, the Ministry has the authority in:
- The adoption of policies relating to its scope of work to support the macro
- The development of national plan at the macro level relating to its scope of work;
- The imposition of requirements for accreditation of education institutions and certification of professionals/experts and requirements for certain designations relating to its scope of work;
- The arrangement in the performance of international agreements or understandings which are ratified on behalf of Indonesia;
- The adoption of policy on national information system relating to its scope of work;Other authorities in accordance with the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations, namely: (a) in the arrangement and establishment of social, political, and economic relations as well as foreign information and (b) in the arrangement and performance of the protocol and consular services.