INDONESIA-UNITED STATES SECURITY DIALOGUE III
1. The third Indonesia-United States Security Dialogue was held at Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta, on 2-3 August 2005. The delegations of Indonesia and the United States, headed respectively by Director General for Defense Strategy Maj-Gen Dadi Susanto and the Principal Director for Asian and Pacific Affairs Brig-Gen John Allen.
2. Officials from the Department of Defense, Department of Foreign Affairs and other relevant institutions of the two countries attended the Dialogue.
3. The Dialogue was established by the Presidents of Indonesia and the United States in Washington D.C. on September 19, 2001. The Dialogue presents a forum for Indonesia and the United States to share information and discuss issues of global, regional and national security issues.
4. Minister of Defense of Indonesia, Juwono Sudarsono in his opening address stressed the significance of the Dialogue in providing a forum to express views and cultivate new ideas in addressing the security challenges and to further strengthen the bilateral defense cooperation.
5. Both delegations in their Joint Statement of the Indonesia - United States Security Dialogue III concurred the importance of continuing the Dialogue which provides a key role in confidence-building measure, enhancing civil military relations, strengthening regional peace and stability, and furthering bilateral defense/military cooperation.
Jakarta, 3 Agustus 2005