When applying for a Journalistic Visa, you should
contact the Embassy at first. After consulting with the Section for
Information, Cultural and Social Affairs you need to fill out the
Each form should be filled out and duly, originally signed in two (2) copies, as well as enclose the following:
- Three (3) passport size photos;
- Photocopy of passport;
- Proof of paid visa fee (copy of receipt);
- Letter describing the newspaper/employer;
- Employment letter from newspaper/employer.
If all necessary documents have been submitted, the application will be
referred to Jakarta for approval and the Journalist Visa will be issued
in one month. The issued visa is valid for 60 days and has to be used
within 90 days from issuance. If an applicant fails to enter Indonesia
within the period of 90 days, the visa will be declared invalid.
Please note that possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into
Indonesia. Permission to enter Indonesia is in the authorization of the
Immigration Officer at the point of entry.
- The embassy will not issue visa for ‘Alien passport’, ‘Travel document’ and ‘Temporary passport’ holder.
be advised that incomplete application forms or applications where
necessary documents are missing may cause rejection for visa provision.