All Indonesian National Seamen when employed by local shipping company to work onboard vessel have to report to the Embassy for Signing On.
Requirement for Signing On vessel:
- Covering letter from employer
- Valid passport
- Valid seaman book
- One original crew agreements / work contract with company's stamp and signed by both parties (the authorized company's personnel and the seaman)
- Two copies of the crew agreements / work contract
Requirement for endorsement Signing Off in the Seaman book and Passport:
- a cover letter from the Employer to confirm the Signing Off of the Seaman with effective date.
- valid the seaman book, please note that the captain / master of the ship from which the seaman is going to sign off, must fill and sign on the sign off page of the seaman book.