This type of visa is valid for a limited stay in Indonesia for maximum stay of 2 years period and valid for both working and non-working purposes. The purpose of stay for the applicants of a temporary stay visa may include the following reasons:
- Working as World Trade Organization (WTO) expert with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 311)
- Working as expert in various field with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 312)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 313)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 314)
- Participation in training or research with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 315)
- Undertaking education with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 316)
- Family reunion with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 317)
- Repatriation with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 318)
- Retirement with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 319)
Procedure to Organize the Visa
- Prior to applying this type of visa, applicant must obtain an authorization from the Head Office of Immigration in jakarta, Indonesia. In order to obtain visa authorization, applicant must have a sponsor in Indonesia either a person, an organization, or a company. The sponsor must present themselves in person at the Head Office of Immigration.
- When the authorization is issued, Immigration Office will send a fax or email of the approval to the sponsor and to our embassy in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- For further information on the procedure to organize the authorization, the sponsor can refer to the information available in the Immigration official website (www.imigrasi.go.id).
- To issue the visa, applicant must submit visa application to our Embassy. A copy of the immigration authorization must be attached in the application and submitted to the Embassy.
- For further information on the required documents, applicant can refer to the information below.
- The visa fee depends on the type of visa and duration of stay authorized by the Immigration Office.
- Please be advised that the Embassy has the right to refuse an application and cancel the authorization if any false and inaccurate information found in the application.
- Completed visa application form (download the form here)
- Original passport valid at least for 6 months after the specified Limited Stay period expire.
- Non-citizen (Other than Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and Uni Comoros) must provide Permanent Residence/ Stay Permit.
- Two colored passport size photograph
- Copy of return flight itinerary (or travel plan)
- Invitation letter, Hotel reservation, or place to stay during visit in Indonesia.
- Bank Statement showing at least $2000 or the equal in other currency.
- Copy of Approval letter/ Telex from Indonesia Immigration Head Office.
Submitting in person
or their agents present visa application and completed requirements at
the Consular Service Counter at the Embassy of Indonesia in Dar es
Salaam. Application can be submitted from Monday to Friday from 08.30 –
16.30, except on public holidays (click here
for information on the Embassy's public holiday).
Submitting by post
Visa application and completed requirements can be sent using courier service to our Embassy through postal address below:
Indonesian Embassy Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 572
299 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
make sure that your visa application and the requirements are well
completed before you send it via courier. Otherwise, we will ask you to
send complementary documents.
Postal Return of Passports
the request of visa or legalization is completed, there is an option of
having the passports or documents returned via postal service. The
passports or other documents will be sent to the address specified on
the self-addressed envelope. In order to do so, please arrange return
delivery with your courier service.
Documents sent without return delivery have to be collected by self at Indonesian Embassy Dar es Salaam.