This type of visa is valid for single entry only with a maximum period of stay for 60 days. This visa is applied to those who will visit Indonesia for the purpose of official government activities, tourism, social and cultural activities, sport, business and commercial activities, family visit, journalistic activities, or transit. Please note that this visa is not valid for paid working purpose.
Please also note that for journalistic and film/ video making activities, applicant must obtain a special permit prior to applying for a visa. Please contact the Information and Social Culture Section of the Embassy through email address: email@example.com
- Completed visa application form (download the form here)
- Original passport valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia
- Non-citizen (Other than Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and Uni Comoros) must provide Permanent Residence/ Stay Permit.
- Two colored passport size photographs
- Copy of flight itinerary (1 - 2 weeks before departure)
- Direct payment or Receipt of payment for mailed visa application (please click here for information on visa fee)
- Recent Bank Statement, showing balance amount at least $2000 or the equal in other currency.
- Invitation letter (only if required):
business, conference, or meeting purposes, please attach an attestation
or reference letter from Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, or Uni Comoros based company
or institution and an invitation letter from Indonesia based
partner company or institution. Sales or wholesalers shall provide hotel reservation during stay in Indonesia.
- For social or family visit, please attach an invitation letter from Indonesia based family or friend
internship and non-profit activity (volunteering), please attach an
invitation or reference letter from the Indonesian based company/
organization/ other local partner.
Submitting in person
Applicant or their agents present visa application and completed requirements at the Consular Service Counter at the Embassy of Indonesia in Dar es Salaam. Application can be submitted from Monday to Friday from 08.30 – 16.30, except on public holidays (click here
for information on the Embassy's public holiday).
Submitting by post
Visa application and completed requirements can be sent via courier service to our Embassy through postal address below:
Indonesian Embassy Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 572
299 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please make sure that your visa application and the requirements are well completed before you send it via courier. Otherwise, we will ask you to send complementary documents.
Postal Return of Passports
After the request of visa or legalization is completed, there is an option of having the passports or documents returned via postal service. The passports or other documents will be sent to the address specified on the self-addressed envelope. In order to do so, please arrange return delivery with your courier service.
Documents sent without return delivery have to be collected by self at Indonesian Embassy Dar es Salaam.