On March 29, 2016, the Indonesian Ambassador for Senegal, Mr. Mansyur Pangeran, paid a courtesy call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Senegal, Mr. Mankeur Ndiaye, at the office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Senegal. In the occasion, Minister Mankeur Ndiaye warmly welcomed the newly-arrived Indonesian Ambassador and conveyed several things, as follows:
- Congratulate the nomination of Mr. Mansyur Pangeran as the Ambassador of Indonesia to Senegal;
- Congratulate the success of the Government of Indonesia to implement the 5th OIC Extraordinary Summit in Jakarta, 6-7 March 2016, which resulted in a concrete effort to help the Palestinian independence;
- Inform about the schedule of credential ceremony for the Indonesian Ambassador to the President of Senegal. The schedule of credentials was planned before the anniversary of the Independence of Senegal, 4 April 2016.
Meanwhile, the Indonesian Ambassador conveyed the following matters:
- Ambassador Mansyur Pangeran said thank you to the Minister for the effort to expedite the process of credentials fot the Ambassador to the President of Senegal before the Commemoration of Senegal Independence Day on 4th April 2016;
- The Ambassador expressed his gratitude and appreciation for the presence of Minister Mankeur Ndiaye at the 5th Extraordinary OIC Summit, 6-7 March 2016, in Jakarta;
- Expected the Draft of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the Establishment of a Joint Commission and a draft of MoU on Visa Exemption for Diplomatic and Service Passport can be signed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Senegal this year;
- Conveyed the information regarding the recent policy from President Joko Widodo that based on the Presidential Decree on Free-Visit Visa dated March 2, 2016, the citizens of Senegal are exempted from the obligation to obtain an entry visa to enter Indonesian territories;
- The Ambassador expected that Indonesia and Senegal can increase economic cooperation in order to boost the volume of trade between the two countries. In this case, the Ambassador said to Minister Mankeur Ndiaye that Indonesian Export-Import Bank (EXIM) can provide assistance in the process;
- The Ambassador is glad to inform that the CN 235 aircraft ordered by the Government of Senegal in 2014 will soon be completed;
- Indonesian Embassy in Dakar actively encourages Indonesian businessmen to participate in the International Trade Exhibition (FIDAK) held each year in Dakar.
- Between the Government of Indonesia and Senegal should increase technical cooperation and capacity building, especially in the field of agriculture and education, as well as in the development of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The Ambassador said to Minister Mankeur Ndiaye that this type of partnership had been conducted in June 2009 when the number of Senegalese businessmen were trained by the Government of Indonesia about agricultural business;
- Related to technical cooperation, the Indonesian Ambassador underlined the cooperation between the Government of Senegal and Indonesia in the field of mass transportation when in 2005 the Government of Senegal hired Indonesian Ferry Willys for 2 years for the purpose of commercial transport equipment from the port of Dakar to Ziguinchor;
- The Ambassador expected that the Embassy of Senegal can be reopened in Jakarta to increase relations and cooperation between the two countries. Indonesian Ambassador added that Jakarta has now become a place for the foreign embassies and business sectors.
In response, Foreign Minister Mankeur Ndiaye conveyed things as follows:
- Welcomed the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Joint Commission and the draft of MoU on Visa Exemption for Diplomatic and Service Passport, in order to support the promotion of economic and trade cooperation between the two countries;
- Responded positively to enhance the strategic industrial cooperation and technical cooperation between the two countries;
- Senegal's Foreign Minister thanked for the recent policy made by the Government of Indonesia exempting the citizens of Senegal from obtaining entry visa to Indonesia. Minister Mankeur Ndiaye Affairs would convey this good news to the President of Senegal
At the end of the meeting, the Indonesian Ambassador handed over a copy of Letters of Credentials to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and a copy of letter of Recall for previous Ambassador.
Source: Political Division of Indonesian Embassy in Dakar-Senegal. 2016