For the last 15 years, the Indonesian government has organized and Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS). In 2018, the Indonesian Embassy in Belgium once again invites interested participants in Belgium to take this opportunity to learn about Indonesian culture, through the learning of dance, music, crafts and many other forms of arts including languages. The program has an objective to encourage better understanding amongst participants from 66 countries to experience Indonesia’s immensely diverse arts and cultural heritage.
This non-degree arts and culture scholarship is offered for three months period of time, starting on 7 April to 16 July 2019.
After 1 (one) week of orientation/introduction of the program in Jakarta, awardees are designated to each art center by the organizing committee.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
- A round trip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Local transportation during program;
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 2.000.000,- (around 120 euro)
Terms and Conditions
1. Candidates should be a single,between the ages of 21 to 27 years-old with at least a high school diploma;
Candidates should possess high interest and talent in arts. Arts
students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are
encouraged to apply;
3. Bearing in
mind the intensity of the program, candidates are highly advised to
ensure prime physical conditions, particularly for female candidates to
ensure that they do not conceive prior and during the program;
4. Participants must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program.
5. Completing the application documents which can be found below .
6. The programme will include Indonesian language lesson. A mastery (be it minimum) in Bahasa Indonesia will be an advantage for candidates, but is not a main criterion for the programme, meanwhile basic skill in English is compulsory.
Deadline to submit application to the Embassy is 6 November 2018
IACS 2019 - Guidance
IACS 2019 - Registration Form