The Government of Indonesia shall grant duty-free on any donation or gift given by foreign donors to individuals of social organization in areas of religious, cultural, relief, education, health and other social-related activities. Any duty free on donation or gift must be approved by the Directorate General of Customs.
The Procedure for duty-free facility are:
- List of items including specifications and its duty.
- Gift certificate from the donor stating that the items are truly donation/gift and not originated from Indonesian resources.
- Recommendation from the Directorate General of Public Medication for medical supplies and from Drug and Food Control Bureau for medicines.
- Recommendation from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade for second hand items.
- The receiving party in Indonesia must present all documents to the Directorate General of Customs in order to receive the duty-free on the donations/gift.
- Any foreign documents must be legalized by the authorities from the donating countries and by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Bratislava.