This type of visa is valid for single entry only with a maximum period of stay for 60 days. This visa is applied to those who will visit Indonesia for the purpose of official government activities, tourism, social and cultural activities, sport, business and commercial activities, family visit, journalistic activities, or transit. Please note that this visa is not valid for paid working purpose.
Please also note that for journalistic and film/ video making activities, applicant must obtain a special permit prior to applying for a visa. Please contact the Information and Social Culture Section of the Embassy through email address: email@example.com or call (+66) 02-252 3135-40 ext. 502
The following process shall be applicable for journalist visa: ( need approve from Indonesian Goverment)
1. Requests for a journalist visa must be submitted by filling out the appropriate registration forms. (visa form 1-2)
2. Two 4x6cm color passport photographs of the passport bearer.
3. Passport (original and one photocopy of information page) with at least 6 months validity from date of entry into Indonesia
4. List of equipment that are brought into Indonesia (if any).
5. Sponsor letter (or assignment letter) from his/her News Agency/Editor.
6. Synopsis or background information of the story/documentation to be made in Indonesia.
7. Copy of PRESS ID card.
8. Copy of Thai ID Card (for private filming company / production house)
9. Copy of Work Permit (for foreign journalist)
10. Please prepare all document following the checklist )
11. Please complete form A-C ()
- Completed visa application form
- Original passport valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia
- For nationals other than Swiss or Liechtenstein, please attach a copy of valid Swiss or Liechtenstein Stay Permit
- One colored pasport size photograph
- Copy of return flight itinerary (or travel plan)
- Receipt of payment
- Invitation letter (only if required):
- For business, conference, or meeting purposes, please attach an attentation or reference letter from the thailand based company or institution and an invitation letter from the Indonesia based partner company or institution
- For social or family visit, please attach an invitation letter from Indonesia based family or friend
- For internship and non-profit activity (volunteering), please attach an invitation or reference letter from the Indonesian based company/ organization/ other local partner.
Submitting in person
Applicant or their agen present the complete set of document at the Consular Service Counter at the Embassy of Indonesia in Bangkok, Information and Social Cultural Section (for Journalist Visa). Application must be submitted between Monday to Friday from 09.00 – 12.00, except on public holidays for information on the Embassy’s public holiday).