Limited Stay Visa
This type of visa is valid for a limited stay in Indonesia for maximum stay of 2 years period and valid for both gainful employment and for other non-gainful employment purposes. Prior visa authorization from the Immigration Office is required for this type of visa. The purpose of stay for the applicants of a limited stay visa may include the following reasons:
- Working as World Trade Organization (WTO) expert with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 311)
- Working as expert in various field with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 312)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 313)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 314)
- Participation in training or research with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 315)
- Undertaking education with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 316)
- Family reunion with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 317)
- Repatriation with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 318)
- Retirement with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 319)
Procedure to Organize the Visa
- Prior to applying this type of visa, applicant must obtain an authorization from the Head Office of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia. In order to obtain visa authorization, applicant must have a sponsor in Indonesia either a person, an organization, or a company. The sponsor must present themselves in person at the Head Office of Immigration.
- When the authorization is issued, Immigration Office will send a fax or email of the approval to the sponsor and to our embassy in Athens, Greece.
- For further information on the procedure to organize the authorization, the sponsor can refer to the information available in the Immigration official website (www.imigrasi.go.id).
- To issue the visa, applicant must submit visa application to our Embassy. A copy of the immigration authorization must be attached in the application and submitted to the Embassy.
- For further information on the required documents, applicant can refer to the information below.
- The visa fee depends on the type of visa and duration of stay authorized by the Immigration Office.
- Please be advised that the Embassy has the right to refuse an application and cancel the authorization if any false and inaccurate information found in the application.
When the visa authorization has been issued, applicants need to submit their application to our Embassy to have the visa issued. Please see below for the requirements for submitting visa applications.
- Completed visa application form (download the form here)
- Original passport valid at least for 1 year upon the date of arrival in Indonesia
- For non Greek citizens, please attach a copy of cross border permit.
- One colored passport size photograph
- Copy of flight itinerary
- Receipt of payment (please click here for information on visa fee)
- Copy of the telex visa approval from the Immigration Office.
You can proceed to the payment of the visa once the consular section of the Embassy has approved your visa application. The Embassy will not be responsible for any payment made before the approval.
Submitting Visa Application
Applicant or their agent present the complete set of document at the Consular Service Counter at the Embassy of Indonesia in Athens. Application must be submitted between Monday to Thursday at 09.30 – 11.30 or Friday at 09.30 – 11.00 (except on public holidays). No appointment is required to submit your visa application.
For payment information
All visa payment must be done through bank transfer to our account as follow:
National Bank of Greece
Acc. Name : Embassy of Indonesia
Acc. No : 614/001186-02
IBAN : GR50 0110 6140 0000 6140 0118 602
The Embassy of Indonesia no longer accepts cash payment for any of its services. Any visa application or request for consular service whose payment is not made through bank transfer or deposit, will be returned to the applicant and the request will not be processed.