This type of visa is valid for a limited stay in Indonesia for maximum stay of 2 years period and valid for both working and non-working purposes. The purpose of stay for the applicants of a temporary stay visa may include the following reasons:
- Working as World Trade Organization (WTO) expert with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 311)
- Working as expert in various field with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 312)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 313)
- Foreign Direct Investor with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 314)
- Participation in training or research with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 315)
- Undertaking education with stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 316)
- Family reunion with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 317)
- Repatriation with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 318)
- Retirement with stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 319)
Procedure to Organize the Visa
- Prior to applying this type of visa, applicant must obtain an authorization from the Head Office of Immigration in jakarta, Indonesia. In order to obtain visa authorization, applicant must have a sponsor in Indonesia either a person, an organization, or a company. The sponsor must present themselves in person at the Head Office of Immigration.
- When the authorization is issued, Immigration Office will send a fax or email of the approval to the sponsor and to our embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- For further information on the procedure to organize the authorization, the sponsor can refer to the information available in the Immigration official website (www.imigrasi.go.id).
- To issue the visa, applicant must submit visa application to our Embassy. A copy of the immigration authorization must be attached in the application and submitted to the Embassy.
- For further information on the required documents, applicant can refer to the information below.
- The visa fee depends on the type of visa and duration of stay authorized by the Immigration Office.
- Please be advised that the Embassy has the right to refuse an application and cancel the authorization if any false and inaccurate information found in the application.
- Validity of Passport minimum 18 months from the date of entry
- Fill out the appropriate forms (for downloading the form click visaform.pdf)
- 2 latest color passport size photographs
- Request or Recommendation letter for visa from Ethiopia and from the sponsor in Indonesia
- Visa fee:
Curriculum VitaeFor staying to join husband/wife, applicant must submit marriage certificate, and for child to join family must submit birth certificateApplication visa cannot be processed if there are no blank visa pages on the passport
- 6 month stay : USD 55
- 1 year stay : USD 105
- 2 year stay : USD 180
Submitting in person
Applicant or their agen present the complete set of document at the Consular Service Counter at the Embassy of Indonesia in Addis Ababa. Application must be submitted on working hours, except on public holidays (click here for information on the Embassy’s public holiday).