Hadiri Perayaan Natal Bersama di KBRI Mexico City, 17 Desember 2012 | Selamat datang di website KBRI | Kunjungi Website Portal Kemlu |
Kamis, 05 April 2012
KNB RI Master Degree Scholarship
The Tenth Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries held on 1-6 September 1992 concluded among others the idea of providing scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture, which is now the Ministry of National Education (MONE). The scholarship is aimed to strengthen the relationship and mutual cooperation among the members of NAM countries, to reciprocate scholarship programs provided by other countries for Indonesian citizens, and to provide stronger cultural links between these nations. In 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesian started to offer postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
However, since 2002, after the cold war ended, the scholarship has been offered to citizens of other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, South Korea, Suriname, Guyana, Turkey, Vietnam, Vanuatu and attracted more applicants. Over the years up to 2005, 243 students from 36 countries have completed the NAM scholarship program.
Considering that the international political development has made the use of the term “NAM” irrelevant, this scholarship program has been renamed Developing Countries Partnership Scholarship (DCPS) or Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB).
a. Promoting deeper cultural understanding among developing countries
b. Strengthening the relationship and mutual cooperation among the participating countries
c. Contributing to the development of human resources
The scholarship is offered to postgraduate students (Master Degree) to study at one of the universities in Indonesia for 3 years, consisting of one year of the Indonesian Language and Preparatory Programs and 2 years of Master Program with the arrangement below.
a. Fields of study (be advised that not every university offers the following fields of study)
1. Literary studies2. Linguistics3. History
4. Philosophy5. Anthropology6. Cultural Studies
1. Biology2. Physics3. Geography4. Chemistry5. Remote sensing6. Computer7. Mathematics
8. Statistics9. Environmental Sciences10. Public Health11. Sports Sciences12. Medical Studies13. Pharmacy Studies
1. Plant Pathology 2. Agronomy3. Soil Sciences4. Forestry5. Entomology6. Agricultural Economics7. Food Science & Technology
8. Veterinary Science9. Agricultural Engineering10. Marine Science11. Fisheries 12. Animal Science13. Estate Crop Product Technology
1. Public Administration2. Political Science3. Sociology4. Psychology5. Economic Development Study6. Management
7. Law8. International Relations9. Accounting10. Communication and Media Studies11. Community Empowerment Studies
1. Chemical Engineering2. Civil Engineering3. Architectural Engineering4. Electrical Engineering 5. Mechanical Engineering
6. Geological Engineering7. Naval Architect & Marine Engineering8. Environmental Engineering9. Informatics Engineering
1. Indonesian Education 2. Educational Science 3. Social Science Education4. Natural Science Education5. Primary School Teacher Education6. Out of School/Informal Education
7. Applied Linguistics8. History Education9. Instructional Education10. Educational Management11. Educational Research and Evaluation12. Vocational and Technology Education
1. Performing Arts and Arts Studies2. Comparative Religious Studies
3. Tourism Studies4. Bio Technology
b. Period of Study :
Master Preparatory Programs
Languange instruction in lectures is recommended in Bahasa Indonesia
Thesis should be written in Bahasa Indonesia unless the university suggested otherwise
c. Research Research should be carried out in Indonesia
a. Financial assistanceI. Settlement Allowance of Rp. 1.000.000,- will be given upon arrival in IndonesiaII. While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, a student will receive Rp. 1.650.000,-/month (cost of living only).III. During their Master Programs in Indonesia, the students will receive monthly allowances as follows:
• Living Allowance = Rp. 1.650.000,-• Research Allowance = Rp. 400.000,-
• Books Allowance = Rp. 350.000,-iv. The scholarship will be provided by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia for 36 months.v. A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the students’ home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
Note: Other expenses beside those mentioned above will be borne by the student.
b. Health insurancei. The student is subjected to a health insurance.ii. Health insurances shall covered selected medical services with maximum of Rp. 150.000,- (One Hundred and fifty Thousand Rupiah) monthly premi.iii. In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student.
a) The maximum age is 35 years old
b) Poses a bachelor degree or equivalent (Copies of the diploma and academic transcripts, translated into English)
c) Have a TOEFL score of 450 or equivalent
d) Complete the on-line application form
e) He/She must be nominated by the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
f) Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates will be required to sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management.
1) Required Documents:
a) Nomination letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
b) Nomination letter from respective government official
c) Academic recommendation letters
d) Photocopy of passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate
e) Photocopy of diploma and academic transcripts (Translated into English)
f) TOEFL score certificate obtained within the las 2 years
g) A health certificate from organized medical doctor in the candidate's home country.
1) Download Invitation letter from the KNB Scholarship Website (http://www.knb.dikti.go.id)
2) Bring the invitation letter, passport or birth certificate, academic certificate and academic transcript to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the nomination letter
3) Complete the online application process (http://www/knb.dikti.go.id)
4) Selection process
5) The Selection Result will be published in the KNB Scholarship Website through the Indonesian Embassy publication channel
1. The application and all the supporting documents must be received by Bureau for planning and international cooperation, Ministry of National Education not later than end of April 2012.
2. Selection wil be conducted on May 2012.
3. The selection result will be announced by the end of May 2012.
4. The student should arrive in Jakarta by the end of August 2012
5. Orientation will be organized in September 2012.
6. The Indonesian language course will start in early September 2012.
9. Arrival in Indonesia
a. Visa Arrangement
1) Short Visit Visa (VITAS)
Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates will be using a short-visit visa(VITAS) that can be obtained from Embassy of the Republic Indonesia in the candidate’s home country. Soon after the arrival in Indonesia, the visa should be conversed to the Limited Staying Permit (ITAS) for 1 (one) years through a Local Immigration Office where the candidate will study.
Please be advised that the successful candidates must report to the Local Immigration Office within 7 days upon the time of arrival to get the Stay-Permit (ITAS)
2) Social-visit Visa
Social Visit Visa (VKSB) can also be used to the entering Indonesia. It can be obtained from the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia where the student lives. Soon after the arrival in Indonesia, the visa should be conversed to get Limited Staying Permit (ITAS) for 1 (one) year.
While studying in Indonesia, students or KNB scholarship holders may go overseas as long as the obtain an Exit Re-Entry Permit (ERP) or Exit Permit Only (EPO) stamped on their passport by the Local Immigration Office.
Please be advised the successful candidate are prohibited to use the Tourist Visa to study in Indonesia, since it will cause a problem in processing the Stay-Permit.
3) The student is expected to have a valid passport for a minimum of 2 (two) years.
b. Departure to Indonesia
1) The successful candidates are expected to depart to Indonesia by the end of August;
2) As soon as the visa is obtained and the date of departure is confirmed, the Directorate General of Higher Education will manage to set up the travel arrangements for the successful candidate’s departure to Indonesia.
3) Ministry of National Education will deliver the necessary arrangements to meet all the arriving students at the soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
4) Students are strongly advised not to be accompanied by any family member since the KNB Scholarship monthly stipend is basically estimated for only one person for a proper living in Indonesia.
a. Return home after finishing study
Student who has accomplished their study should contact the host university no more than 30 days prior to their departure so as to allow time for preparing necessary documents and travel arrangement. The day of departure should not exceed either the period of their scholarship or one month after yudisium (not the graduation day).
b. Excess Baggage,
The Indonesian government does not provide additional money for excess baggage and book transportation.
c. Temporary Return,
When the student wished to leave Indonesia temporarily for a personal reason, he/she must:
1) Have a letter of recommendation from the host university.
2) Have a round-trip international ticket;
3) Cover cost of exit re-entry permit.
During the leave, he/she will not receive any monthly allowance.
d. Drop-out / Aborting study
In case student return home due to personal reasons or because they cannot complete they study (e.g. inability to complete the study or violating the Indonesian government or university regulations), the following points apply:
1). Students should inform the Director of Graduate Program of the host university;
2). Students must inform their government official/representative in written to explain the nature of the problems that have forced them to quit from the study;
3). Students must bear the cost of the international airfares.
a. Accommodation, The Government of the Republic of Indonesia will not provide any lodging or board for the KNB scholarship students. However, the host university will assist them in finding a suitable boarding house/accommodation.
b. Holiday/Study Leave, The Indonesian government does not provide any funding, except the scholarship. Any other costs for personal reason or vacations will be the responsibility of the student’s responsibility.
c. Dressing Decency, Students are advised to wear decent/appropriate clothes when they visit government offices and public places, and attend classes in campus.
1. Directorate of Institutional Affairs and Collaboration
Directorate General of Higher Education
Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic if Indonesia
D Building, 6th floor, Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270
Phone : +6221 579 46063
Fax :+6221 579 46062
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation
Ministry of Education and Culture of Republic of Indonesia
C Building, 7th floor, Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270
Tel/Fax : +6221 573 8181, 570 9446, 5770 9445, 572 4707
3. Director of Public Diplomasy
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Indonesia
Jalan Taman Pejambon No. 6, Jakarta
Phone : +6221 381 3480
Fax : +6221 385 8035