Limited Stay Visas are given to Regular Passport holders, valid for maximum 1 (one) year stay in Indonesia and must not exceed the validity period of his/her Passport. Applications for Limited Stay Visas are subject for approval from the Directorate General of Immigration office in Jakarta, click this link to seek approval. Limited Stay Visas are given for the purpose of: Foreign Investment, Employment in a Government/Private sector, Education, Training or Research, Religious duties, Joining Husband and or a Parent who is a foreign national in possession of a Limited Stay Permit or who is an Indonesian citizen, for the wife and / or single, legitimate child(ren) who is/are under 18 years of age. Requests for Limited Stay Visas must be submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:
Approval letter from The Indonesian Immigration Office.
Passport must be valid at least 18 months at the date of entry into Indonesia.
Invitation Letter from Indonesian sponsor, which describes the purpose of the visit and guaranteeing full responsibility of the sponsor for the applicant during his/her stay
Letter of recommendation from the Applicants Company in Australia (stating the duration and the purpose of the Visit as well as responsibility of accommodation/maintenance costs)
Application form must be completed and signed by the applicant. The application form could be downloaded from the website.
One recent color photograph.
Applicant's Curriculum Vitae
Work Agreement / Contract
Copies of marriage certificate and birth certificate of accompanying family member (spouse/children).
For those conducting activities in religious, research, education, volunteering or social mission, must enclose the original and a copy of a letter of recommendation from the institution or specific department/division that has assigned them.
For those who wish to work in a foreign investment or domestic investment venture, or as a technical professional on assignment by a foreign aid organizations, must furnish a letter of recommendation from a technical department in Indonesia, the Indonesian Department of Labour, the Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board, and a copy of the letter of agreement to employ foreign labour.
A copy of the applicant travel itinerary.
1. The limited stay visa is always a single entry. However, the visa holder could exit and re-enter Indonesia multiply by applying for exit permit to the local Immigration Offices close to where the visa holder lives.
2. After the holder of such visa arrived in Indonesia, they should contact the nearest immigration office within max 7 days since arrival to apply for the temporary stay permit (KITAS). Failure to do so will cause the cease of the visa. Usually the sponsor in Indonesia has arranged all necessary permit and knew how to proceed to obtain KITAS and re-entry permit from the local immigration.
3. Indonesian Consulate General must have the authorization from the Indonesian Immigration before a limited stay visa could be issued. If you want to apply for the limited stay visa, please contact your sponsor in Indonesia to apply it through the nearest immigration office. If granted, the immigration would send official notification to the Consulate General. The Indonesian Consulate General would not issue a limited stay visa without official notification or approval from the Indonesian immigration. See procedure to seek approval letter.
4. Visa is issued min 5 (five) working days from receipt of application providing all documents are in order. For visiting restricted regions need more than five working days or after receiving approval from the Immigration Authorities.
5. Visa Fee AUD$165.00 (staying more than 6 months) / AUD$80.00 (staying less than 6 months) is non-refundable and may be paid only by EFTPOS/Credit Card, Money Order, Company Cheque or Bank Cheque payable to Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne.
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
1. Visa application by mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the applicant deems safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for application that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most secured service.
2. Before you mail the application, please remember that the application must be sent along with the applicant's passport. Consulate General would attach the visa in the passport. No passport, no visa.
3. Also remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or incomplete application.
4. Please remember to address the envelope to:
Consular Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Melbourne
72 Queens Road,Melbourne VIC 3004