DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), arts, music and crafts. Participants can choose one of 45 different universities located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of National Education (MoNE) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
The DARMASISWA program is essentially a “non-degree” program of one year or less. The participants are not prohibited from engaging in any political and or/business activities which may result in destabilizing governmental programs or lead to personal profit/gain.
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is offering two types of “Darmasiswa” scholarship program for academic year 2011/2012 as follows:
1. Regular Darmasiswa RI scholarship program. Is a one-year scholarship program to study Indonesian language, traditional music, traditional dance and craft. Period of study: August 2011 until July 2012.
2. Short course Darmasiswa RI scholarship program. Is a six-month scholarship program to study Indonesian language. Period of study: September 2011 until February 2012.
A. SCHOLARSHIP COVERS
1. Exemption on tuition fee.
2. Allowance on living cost of Rp 1.500.000,00 (one million five thousand hundred rupiah, approx. USD 166) per month.
1. Not more than 35 years old
2. Good health as proved by Medical Certificate
3. Completed secondary educations or its equivalent
4. Copy of academic transcript
5. Passport size color size photograph (5 pieces)
6. Full-page copy of passport valid for at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
7. Able to communicate in English and have a basic knowledge of the field they’re applying for
C. PROCEDURES TO APPLY
1. Filling out the application form available at the Indonesian Embassy or at the University where the applicant are studying or by online using the following address :
2. In case the applicant apply online, he/she should notify the Indonesian Embassy in Kyiv
3. The application form should be submitted together with:
a. copy of academic transcript
b. medical /health sertificate
c. passport size color photograph (5 pieces)
d. full-page copy of passport valid for at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
4. The application must be submitted to the Indonesian Embassy in Kyiv not later than 15 February 2011. Contact the Indonesian Embassy in Kyiv : (044) 206-5446/47/48 or by email : Prabowoh@yahoo.com
5. The documents of applicants will be submitted by the Indonesian Embassy to the Directorate of Public Diplomacy, Department of Foreign Affairs or the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of National Education (MoNE), addressed to:
- Directorate of Public Diplomacy, Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
Jalan Taman Pejambon No. 6 Jakarta
Phone: (62-21) 3813480
- Head of Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Secretariat General, Ministry of National Education (MoNE)
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan
Gedung C, Lantai 6
Phone: (021) 572-4707
6. The applicants’ documents will be selected every March for program commencing in September of the following year by a team consisting of officials from::
Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, MoNE.
Directorate General of Higher Education, MoNE
Directorate of Public Diplomacy, Department of Foreign Affairs.
Host universities and colleges.
D. ANNUAL SCHEDULE OF DARMASISWA RI PROGRAM
1. Application deadline : 15 Frebruary 2011
2. Selection of documents : Midlle of March 2011
3. Information about the result : April 2011
4. Arrival in Indonesia : end of August 2011
5. Orientation and Bahasa Indonesia course : August 2011
6. Academic year : August 2011 to July 2012
The results of selection will be communicated to the participants by the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate General or through website in April.
E. PLACE OF STUDY
Information about place of study can be accessed through :